General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Cars and Coffee

Search this Thread

Old August 1st, 2012, 02:12 PM

Cars and Coffee

Attention all Houston riders. I will be attending the monthly Cars and Coffee car show this Saturday. During the Spring/Summer months, and every first Saturday of the month, classic and excotic cars gather to show off their rides. Come early as they will have over 350+ cars there. I usually get there around 9am and stay untill noon before it gets too hot.
Its located off 290 and Louetta in the shopping mall lot ajacent to the HEB. Hope to see you there.
Old August 1st, 2012, 08:54 PM

I would love to go...that's a little far for me though lol! I might have to fill up on the way there I'll text the other Joe and see if he might wanna go, that'd be fun! Plus we can do Rudy's afterwards for lunch
Old August 2nd, 2012, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by ah64pilot
I would love to go...that's a little far for me though lol! I might have to fill up on the way there I'll text the other Joe and see if he might wanna go, that'd be fun! Plus we can do Rudy's afterwards for lunch
Steve, actually, Coffee and Cars is "probably" closer than niftee fifty from Kingwood. Its off Louetta via 249.Niftee Fiftee is off 290

Last edited by classicjoe; August 2nd, 2012 at 07:12 AM.
Old August 2nd, 2012, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by joesw31
I may be in for this one. It's hard to pass up Rudy's. ClassicJoe, do you have exact address.
Joe,I dont have the exact address. If you take 249 North exit Louetta... Turn right on Louetta, pass HEB and its in a small mall area call Vintage park.. Just one block down soon as you turn on Louetta.

http://michaelcole.smugmug.com/Other...3573&k=3CnzRgx

http://www.facebook.com/coffeeandcars

Last edited by classicjoe; August 2nd, 2012 at 07:25 AM.
Old August 2nd, 2012, 04:25 PM

Joe and Joe...Niftee Fifties and C&C are pretty close to one another. They are BOTH off of 249. Niftee Fifties is 249 exit Spring Cypress and C&C is 249 exit Louetta. See map below. I might be able to make it, in BOTH cars

A = Niftee Fifties
B = Vintage Park (C&C)
C = Rudy's Barbeque for afterwards

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Sp...ra=ls&t=m&z=12

What time do we need to get there? I have seen 6am on their facebook page...is it a problem or too crowded to park in the show if we get there right at 8am?

Steve

P.S. If we all go, there will be 4 Joes driving Cutlasses as both of you are Joe and my Dad is Joe, and technically my first name is Joe...oh brother, I'm glad they called me Stephen from a young age lol!

Last edited by ah64pilot; August 2nd, 2012 at 04:43 PM.
Old August 2nd, 2012, 04:34 PM

Rudy's......So a couple of weeks ago I took my kid's stuff to him at Ft. Hood. He tells me we are going to the gas station for some BBQ......A plate and drink cost me just shy of $120.00. Worth every penny. I may have filled the truck up too, don't remember, wouldnt matter. Whats the chance of getting one of you guys to FEDX me a samich?
Old August 2nd, 2012, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by '69CutlassVert'
Rudy's......So a couple of weeks ago I took my kid's stuff to him at Ft. Hood. He tells me we are going to the gas station for some BBQ......A plate and drink cost me just shy of $120.00. Worth every penny. I may have filled the truck up too, don't remember, wouldnt matter. Whats the chance of getting one of you guys to FEDX me a samich?
Dude! It's some good stuff isn't it? I'm telling you, every time I have met Joe at Rudy's it seems we both go home and take a nap. I can't help but pig out when I go there.

Gas definitely makes it an expensive trip but the food isn't too high by itself I don't think I've ever gone there for gas...to me it's a restaurant lol!
Old August 2nd, 2012, 04:50 PM

Joe and Joe...Niftee Fifties and C&C are pretty close to one another. They are BOTH off of 249. Niftee Fifties is 249 exit Spring Cypress and C&C is 249 exit Louetta. See map below. I might be able to make it, in BOTH cars

A = Niftee Fifties
B = Vintage Park (C&C)
C = Rudy's Barbeque for afterwards

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Sp...ra=ls&t=m&z=12

What time do we need to get there? I have seen 6am on their facebook page...is it a problem or too crowded to park in the show if we get there right at 8am?

Steve

P.S. If we all go, there will be 4 Joes driving Cutlasses as both of you are Joe and my Dad is Joe, and technically my first name is Joe...oh brother, I'm glad they called me Stephen from a young age lol!
Steve,

I will get there around 8am-8:30am. The cars do come in perty early and the lot fills up fast. I arrived around 10am last month and drove around over 15 minutes trying to find a parking space... So Steve no Joe... What should I call you Sunday, I know..........ah64pilot..
Old August 2nd, 2012, 04:52 PM

Dude! It's some good stuff isn't it? I'm telling you, every time I have met Joe at Rudy's it seems we both go home and take a nap. I can't help but pig out when I go there.

Gas definitely makes it an expensive trip but the food isn't too high by itself I don't think I've ever gone there for gas...to me it's a restaurant lol!
Rudy's, never been there before.... I have to try out this BBQ you guys are raving about..
Old August 2nd, 2012, 05:04 PM

Chief, you are truly an officer and a gentleman. Anyone who serves this fine country, drives Olds, and knows good BBQ..........It would be an honor to buy you a brisket......

Joe, you best get on down to Rudy's and smear some sauce on your face. The Chief is right, getting fuel aint the reason you go there.
Old August 2nd, 2012, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by classicjoe
Steve,

I will get there around 8am-8:30am. The cars do come in perty early and the lot fills up fast. I arrived around 10am last month and drove around over 15 minutes trying to find a parking space... So Steve no Joe... What should I call you Sunday, I know..........ah64pilot..
It's Saturday right?
Old August 2nd, 2012, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by '69CutlassVert'
Chief, you are truly an officer and a gentleman. Anyone who serves this fine country, drives Olds, and knows good BBQ..........It would be an honor to buy you a brisket......

Joe, you best get on down to Rudy's and smear some sauce on your face. The Chief is right, getting fuel aint the reason you go there.
Thank you! I assume your son is Army as well? What does he do?
Old August 2nd, 2012, 06:25 PM

Both my sons pulled two tours in Iraq via 1st ID. Oldest just finished up with the Honor Guard and is Cav these days headed for selection. My youngest currently out and contracting in beautiful Afghanistan. Kicker here is both of them are Mopar guys. Dont know where I went wrong.
Old August 2nd, 2012, 06:37 PM

It's Saturday right?

Yes, Saturday morning....
Old August 3rd, 2012, 04:31 PM

Fella's, I don't think I'm going to make it. I have to get this convertible finished so my dad can return to Austin in it. We are half a day away from breaking it in...which should happen tomorrow morning. Doesn't give me time to make C&C.

BUT! I would consider Rudy's for a late lunch if you guys wanted to meet at the Spring location off of 45 or the one off of 290
Old August 3rd, 2012, 05:59 PM

Fella's, I don't think I'm going to make it. I have to get this convertible finished so my dad can return to Austin in it. We are half a day away from breaking it in...which should happen tomorrow morning. Doesn't give me time to make C&C.

BUT! I would consider Rudy's for a late lunch if you guys wanted to meet at the Spring location off of 45 or the one off of 290
Steve,

I understand, you have the the convert ready for your dad. You have a PM....
Old August 4th, 2012, 05:46 PM

Coffee & Cars had a nice turn out today. It looks like they had about 350-400 cars. It also was nice meeting joesw31 today, nice loooking W31 you have Joe.. I took some pictures of some of the nice rides that showed up today...
http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...%20and%20cars/
Old August 4th, 2012, 05:48 PM

I'm sorry I missed it...but on the bright side we got the car running and it is currently over half way to Austin. It runs GREAT!