General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

car seats

Search this Thread

Old August 28th, 2010, 05:32 PM

car seats

What do you guys reccomend covering your seat with to avoid wear and tear on it when you are driving it. The car I just bought has the original interior and there are no tears or anything in the cloth viynl seats and it would break my heart to see anything happen to them. Also where do the jack stickers go in the tunk on a 66 Cutlass. Also where can I find the groments that go around the lock pegs on the inside of the car and what do the original screw on lock pegs look like. the previous owner put some after markets on. I know a lot of questions but these litlle things will drive me crazy. Thanks
Old August 28th, 2010, 08:15 PM

If you are talking about the door striker, you can not buy just the plastic, you have to get the whole striker. I would think "Fuscik" "Year One" "OPG" should have them. I don't know of a certain location for the sticker, but normally they go just above the spare tire in one of the recess in the deck lid.
Gene
Old August 29th, 2010, 06:37 AM

If you are talking about the top lock - unlock ***** that screw off, the answer is still as above - Fusicks, the Parts place, OPG...

Jack stickers go underneath the trunk lid. I do not know the exact locations on a 66, but someone else will. These exact locations are sometimes wherever the assy line guy decides (from where I have seen originals placed before!)

An original interior IS rare! Depending on how often you drive it, several methods can help protect the seats and interior.
Cheapest are towels. Go get some thick towels in the color of your car and drape them over the seat. If you get to a show, just remove, fold them up, and act as if you are using them for dusting!
Next is watch what you wear. Thick heavy jeans with exposed outer seams, rivets, buttons, and zippers can help damage seats. Fat wallets or phones in your back right pocket can cause a pressure point.
Sweat pants are the easiest on the interior, but the looks are not the greatest.
Last, be careful getting in - notice where pressure points are as you slide in.

Seat covers can prolly still be available from aftermarket sources. Not cheap and fit is often so-so.