General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

The car is out of storage finally

Search this Thread

Old April 19th, 2014, 08:43 PM
Hookers under Hood

The car is out of storage finally

Picked up the car today had put in a new interstate battery, A small trans leak which appears to be coming from the speedo cable area, also a pool of antifreeze in the cavity behind my thermostat housing . I guess just from sitting during this cold winter. I have decided to let the pro's do my rear posi and gears, it will be going in on Tuesday next week. I'm also taking it to Hot Rod Scotts Exhaust to install my headers and stainless exhaust . I plan on doing the powermaster starter and waterpump myself along with the Accel coil and module. Much thanks to all the guys a CO, thanks for all your help along with Monzaz for the rear end parts .
Cheers Guys I got so much help here!!!

Last edited by 76olds; April 19th, 2014 at 09:14 PM.
Old April 19th, 2014, 08:46 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Go bug the guys at HRSE and ask if you can take pics of them working on your beast. Wait, I forgot. You have to work for a living unlike some of us who have a never ending vacation..Looking forward to hearing back how you like the new rear end.
Old April 19th, 2014, 08:50 PM
Administrator

It must be spring, the Canadian cars are coming out of hibernation. Some advise, put the starter on before you send it out for the headers.
Old April 19th, 2014, 08:54 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Yeah, let it be the exhaust shops headache. And make sure they put the dip tube back in when they're done. The shop that did my headers back in 75 took off the spark plug wires and then put them back on like a Chebby. Right firing order, wrong rotation. You'd think they would notice it didn't run when it came out of the shop??? Bozos. How'd they check their work, by guess o magic? There were leaks BTW and ground clearance issues, which is why I'm not going back to headers.
Old April 19th, 2014, 08:55 PM

I will be starting mine tomorrow but will wait for a few good rainstorms to wash the streets before the first drive. We just had ten inches of snow and a fresh dumping of road salt this week.
Old April 19th, 2014, 09:00 PM
Hookers under Hood

@ Allan, I will ask them to take some pics for sure, I have the hedman shorties so shouldn't be a problem with clearance. I hope they put everything back properly I heard they know their stuff.
@ Eric I took your advice and got the powermaster starter very nice small and lite. I hope to get it in after my rear is done . Along with the new aluminum water pump and stant thermostat you mentioned. Thanks for the advice and help!!

Haha ... Never ending vacation I wish.... I have 7 dies to build... laser cut parts due mid July, die cut parts by mid August. I will be going hard .

Last edited by 76olds; April 19th, 2014 at 09:03 PM.
Old April 19th, 2014, 09:05 PM
Administrator

Oh yes, wait until you drop the old one, then you'll really see how nice it is.
Old April 19th, 2014, 09:12 PM
Hookers under Hood

Lol, I dropped the starter last summer had to replace the solenoid dam near broke my arm. That bugger was heavy !!!