General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

car cover

Search this Thread

Old July 2nd, 2022, 12:46 PM

car cover

I have lost inside storage for summer,
recommendations for car cover wanted.
i have a fabric type cover, but it leaves dirty marks on the white convertible top,
not under any trees
thx
Old July 2nd, 2022, 12:55 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

The two best are California Car Cover and Covercraft. I don;t think there is much difference in the two.
Old July 2nd, 2022, 02:45 PM

Covercraft Technalon 3 layer or Covercrafts modern equivalent.

If used as recommended it's a perfect cover. Warranty is 4 years, the cover lasted me 5 years in 4 season NYC. Constant exposure. The most obvious wear points, side mirrors, fender edges, etc. Will be it's eventual undoing.

Water-resistant not water proof as it is breathable fabric.

Should cost around $200.00, worth every penny !

This is what it looked like.

It is soft to the touch, cotton like ...

The box looked like this but I'm going back 25 + years ....

​​​​​​

Old July 2nd, 2022, 03:38 PM

I use ca car cover and I'm very happy with the quality. Tried Seal Skin cover and not so much.
Old July 3rd, 2022, 12:27 PM

carcovers.com are the best.

5 ply, fleece lined, not super expensive and you can not beat their waranty. I've used them for years and they are great.
Old July 6th, 2022, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by chip-powell
carcovers.com are the best.

5 ply, fleece lined, not super expensive and you can not beat their warranty. I've used them for years and they are great.
I ordered a car cover from carcovers.com for my camper (buyer beware ) they shipped it free from Canada, it claims to be a lifetime warranty
(it was not their highest quality fleece lined it was their mid-grade) it lasted approx 1 year before it disintegrated on the center panel
knowing it had a lifetime warranty I contacted them and they advised me to send a photo, I did and they agreed to replace the cover at no charge, I just had to pay $95.00 shipping and handling !! excuse me !!! I emailed them and they advised that was the charge !!
I took the cover to my local post office they weighed it and advised me postage ground shipping to to that address in Canada would be $8.50 I emailed carcovers.com again with that info they responded with a offer to reduce the shipping to $75.00.
so yes the warranty is great and they honored it but the difference between $95.00 and the actual $8.50 shipping they would be recouping $86.50 of the purchase price of their product !! sounds like away to get around the warranty I wonder how many people just say forget it when they see the ridiculous shipping charge !! yes the $75.00 shipping fee is less than a new car cover but it just aint right !! I expected to have to pay shipping and I was all right with that but not $95.00 !!!
Old July 6th, 2022, 12:20 PM

I purchased my covers from California Car Cover. They last 4 years or so, my car is outside mid April thru September in South Dakota. Pretty good with hail up to a quarter size. I always get the covers with grommets at the bottom to help secure it on windy days
Old July 6th, 2022, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by solly
I ordered a car cover from carcovers.com for my camper (buyer beware ) they shipped it free from Canada, it claims to be a lifetime warranty
(it was not their highest quality fleece lined it was their mid-grade) it lasted approx 1 year before it disintegrated on the center panel
knowing it had a lifetime warranty I contacted them and they advised me to send a photo, I did and they agreed to replace the cover at no charge, I just had to pay $95.00 shipping and handling !! excuse me !!! I emailed them and they advised that was the charge !!
I took the cover to my local post office they weighed it and advised me postage ground shipping to to that address in Canada would be $8.50 I emailed carcovers.com again with that info they responded with a offer to reduce the shipping to $75.00.
so yes the warranty is great and they honored it but the difference between $95.00 and the actual $8.50 shipping they would be recouping $86.50 of the purchase price of their product !! sounds like away to get around the warranty I wonder how many people just say forget it when they see the ridiculous shipping charge !! yes the $75.00 shipping fee is less than a new car cover but it just aint right !! I expected to have to pay shipping and I was all right with that but not $95.00 !!!
Wow! You got taken. Either that or their policy has changed. I've been using them for years. Two years ago, one of my covers developed a small tear over the rearview mirror. I called them and they asked that I e-mail them a picture of the damage, so I did. One week later a brand new cover arrived at my house with no shipping charge or fees of any kind. Maybe it was because I bought one of there top of the line covers, I don't know.
Old July 6th, 2022, 02:30 PM

Yeah I’m not sure what’s going on , as far as customer service they answered all of. My e-mails promptly and courteously but they are not budging off that so called reduced $75 shipping charge !! P/S the Arizona Sun can be brutal but I expected to get more than 11 months out of it.