General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

car capsule storage bag

Search this Thread

Old October 10th, 2017, 11:15 AM

car capsule storage bag

Has anyone on here used the Car Capsule ? The blow up style . Did you use a cover also or would you buy again ?
Old October 10th, 2017, 12:20 PM

Car Capsule? Never heard of it but a long time ago, I remember reading the back of the Car and Driver magazine and it advertise driving your car in a bag. I think its called Omni bag or CarBag. For my Cutlass its only for $269.
Old October 10th, 2017, 04:32 PM
Randy C.

I saw the car capsule (blow-up style) for the first time advertised in the California Car Cover catalog insert to the November issue of Hemmings Motor News. I've never seen anything like it except for the bag non-blow-up style) which I believe ELY442 is mentioning. It would be interesting to hear if anyone has used the blow-up style car capsule and what they have for feedback.

Randy C.

Last edited by rcorrigan5; October 10th, 2017 at 04:35 PM. Reason: add blow-up style
Old October 10th, 2017, 06:07 PM

I've came misdeeds getting one of the outdoor version for my truck. I believe they suggest not using a car cover and rolling down the windows to allow proper air circulation and prevent moisture buildup
Old October 11th, 2017, 04:10 AM

I have heard of them. The one knock that I keep reading about is that if you are storing the car for an extended period is that you will need to drain all of the fluids. Because cork gaskets tend to shrink when the car is not running, oil and trans fluid will drip a bit over months of storage.
Old October 11th, 2017, 08:19 AM

a friend has one i was skeptical..Then after looking at it i was impressed..heavy duty soft plastic or vinyl like outer that forms a barrier around the car....clear and they claim you can drop a small heavy hammer on the blown up cover and it will not puncture nor dent the car..that is the cover so you dont use an additional cover...the blower motor keeps the cover pressurized and blown up.. prevents any moisture or surface rust ..seems like a neat idea and worked well for a friend for like 2 years now..
Old October 11th, 2017, 10:26 AM

Have a fixed bag unit with a large PVC frame, has clamps to seal on open end with short furring strips. Use desiccant bags inside car and works very well. One concern with the blower always moving in humid outside air to keep inflated. Have had my setup for nine years, car comes out as nice as when it went in.
Old October 16th, 2017, 08:09 AM

I have a nice cover that keeps dust off but little for protection which I was thinking the blow up one would help with still think I would keep cover on but ???
Old October 16th, 2017, 11:18 AM

I've seen another variation of this one that is more like a showcase and allows you to drive in the inflated box. I think the company is called carcoon.
Old December 22nd, 2017, 09:50 AM

Seems to work good so far
Attached Images
Old December 24th, 2017, 07:13 PM

I think I would contact the manufacturer and ask about using your car cover with it. They may have done some testing.