General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Bye Bye My Oldsmobile Pie...

Search this Thread

Old August 8th, 2010, 10:15 PM
...should get a life....

Originally Posted by 442much
No shows this weekend. There was Hot August Nights in St. Albert but 700 cars is too much for me, besides Karen's side of the family (actually 1/3 of the family) had a shin dig at our place, probably because we have a pretty big backyard. Luckily only about 25 people showed up. When I needed to get away from time to time, my garage was there. I was an only child so big events like this are OK for a while, then I need time on my own to recharge and get back in there.
I know what you mean Ken. I'm also 1 of 1 and sneak off from most large gatherings only to be called "rude" or whatever when and if I do eventually return. Luckily our family is small and spread over a fair distance but we have a habit of being invited to other people's family gatherings and the same applies. As one of Canada's great musicians once wrote, "I need a crowd of people, but I can't face them day to day".
Neil Young.
Old August 8th, 2010, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by highlander
sorta supprised at the support of a hyandi on this site. would have expected fans of this site to be a little more faithful to the big three.
The big 3 aren't loyal to US Americans anymore if you ask me. GM has outsourced so much to foreign countries, you're really not buying "American" anymore. Times have really changed. Chrysler sold out to Daimler Benz and had more Mercedez engineered parts in their vehicles. (Admittedly an improvement) Now they are calling cars made in North America "Made in America" to confuse buyers even more.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/21/au...s/21intro.html

But “domestic content” is not domestic at all. For the purposes of the window sticker, the government has decided that domestic content will include parts made in Canada. Under the North American Free Trade Act, domestic is even less clear because it also includes Mexico.
Hell even Harley has alot of their new motorcycles parts made in Mexico or "Hecho en Mexico".

Did you know that the Chevrolet Equinox was using a Chinese manufactured engine until people started really complaining about it ?? Welcome to the NEW Automotive world of ZERO loyalty.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/26/bu...s/26chevy.html

I was GM loyal until I found all this out. Now my DD is a Lexus.
14 years JD Powers VDS #1 most reliable vehicle.

Last edited by Aceshigh; August 8th, 2010 at 11:42 PM.