General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Bushing

Search this Thread

Old March 5th, 2018, 09:02 AM

Bushing

Does this fit 62 olds starfire? Upper front control arm if is the right one is there something missing from it.?

Old March 5th, 2018, 05:36 PM
Phantom Phixer

Looks like an aftermarket upper arm bushing (Moog ?)
I had a couple of these for my '63 and then I found a set of NOS factory bushings .
I put them back on flea-bay .
Old March 5th, 2018, 06:13 PM

Bushings

Originally Posted by Charlie Jones
Looks like an aftermarket upper arm bushing (Moog ?)
I had a couple of these for my '63 and then I found a set of NOS factory bushings .
I put them back on flea-bay .
thank you Charlie, I will see what I can do if there not right.
Old March 5th, 2018, 06:46 PM

The ball joints in the back ground are correct, the upper control arm bushings on a 62 starfire are supposed to be a needle bearing with dust shields and only starfires had them as all the other full size 62's had rubber. These bushings are the moog K5171 urethane bushing and I believe they will fit. They will fit my car and should you decide not to use them I'll take them for my 63. These bushings will stiffen up your ride and take away some of the what I call the rolling couch feel and make it more of a sporty ride. I have these in my 63 98 custom sport coupe and I need another set for my convertible.
Steve
Old March 5th, 2018, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Oldskeeper
The ball joints in the back ground are correct, the upper control arm bushings on a 62 starfire are supposed to be a needle bearing with dust shields and only starfires had them as all the other full size 62's had rubber. These bushings are the moog K5171 urethane bushing and I believe they will fit. They will fit my car and should you decide not to use them I'll take them for my 63. These bushings will stiffen up your ride and take away some of the what I call the rolling couch feel and make it more of a sporty ride. I have these in my 63 98 custom sport coupe and I need another set for my convertible.
Steve
Steve I need to start putting this back together before the motor comes back thank you for your info you have been a lot of help Mel