General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Body Molding 71 Cutlass Supr. Convt

Search this Thread

Old April 15th, 2009, 12:06 PM

Body Molding 71 Cutlass Supr. Convt

I have questions regarding the molding that goes along the side of the car. I believe the set is a mixture of stainless steel and pot metal parts.

My question is as follows; there are four stainless steel moldings. The two longer pieces go on the driver/passenger doors. Where are the two shorter stainless steel moldings placed? Behind the front wheelwell or in front of the rear wheelwell?

Also, what companies will sell these parts. I am in need of three more pieces of moldings.
Old April 15th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by Southern_Hospitality
I have questions regarding the molding that goes along the side of the car. I believe the set is a mixture of stainless steel and pot metal parts.

My question is as follows; there are four stainless steel moldings. The two longer pieces go on the driver/passenger doors. Where are the two shorter stainless steel moldings placed? Behind the front wheelwell or in front of the rear wheelwell?

Also, what companies will sell these parts. I am in need of three more pieces of moldings.
I moved this to a new thread because 1) it's a different topic (Supreme trim vs. Cutlass S trim) and 2) the previous thread had been dead for over a month. Hopefully more will see your question here.
Old April 15th, 2009, 06:09 PM

Both, there's actually 6 pieces of stainless steel on the 1971-72 Supreme. The stainless is as you say across the doors, but also both in front of the rear tires and behind the front tires. The only pot metal chrome plated pieces on the 71-72 are around the sidemarker lights in the fenders and rear quarter panels. 1970 were different between the door and rear wheels. John