General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Auto Transporter Problems

Search this Thread

Old December 28th, 2013, 08:07 PM

Please name names. Who is this trash vendor?
Old December 29th, 2013, 07:02 AM

x2 put the names out there, so nobody uses the broker or transporter, a lot of the good brokers do know who they are dealing with,the guy that transported mine said he has worked with the broker I used many times, glad to see you got the car John
Old December 29th, 2013, 12:40 PM

Based on a recommendation fromn the thread linked below, I used Monarch Car Shipping for moving my '65 Vista Cruiser from Canton, Connecticut (near Hartford) to Hinckley, Ohio (near Cleveland). $550, open, and I was pleased, would definitely use them again. Robyn at Monarch was quite good, as was the driver. Car arrived on schedule and, more importantly, unscathed.

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...ansporter.html
Old December 30th, 2013, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by Koda
Please name names. Who is this trash vendor?
The Transport Broker I used was Excellent Auto Transport.

The actual transporter was We Can Transport out of Harrisburg PA. However he subcontracted the job out to his cousin and that companies name is Adonai Transport from Hyattsville MD. STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS. I found out a lot about these guys through the one driver and they are a unsavory group.
Old January 4th, 2014, 05:25 PM

Sorry for your trouble, I had a similiar

I had my car transported from PA to NY and what a problem. The name on this white pickup truck with blue lettering (I think it was AANU) was similar to your sub-contractor and the driver was from MD. He had a two car trailer.

I didn't get any decent response or action from the transport co. until I reported them to the BBB. Then I got my car 2 days later and they couldn't do more to please me. They needed me to tell BBB that all was ok now but I refused and wrote the BBB and told them about the deceptive practice and promises and failed return calls..etc and how they treated me.

Never again. I will do some homework before I use a transporter again.

I know what you went through and am glad you finally got your car too and in good condition.

Last edited by johns65442; January 4th, 2014 at 05:34 PM.
Old January 4th, 2014, 05:29 PM

Did you check their BBB rating before dealing with them? I've learned to do that, and I was surprised to see a number of shippers with what I would call a less-than-pleasing rating. The highest grade is A+. but I saw many C's and D's.
Old January 4th, 2014, 06:38 PM

Rating

I don't recall checking with the BBB because National Car Transport was listed on the web site as A+. What I didn't know was that they sub contracted the work. They gave me a price of $300 and I was led to believe that my car would be picked up on the date I requested and delivered the same day. My car was to be picked up and delivered on a Tuesday. When that didn't happen they told me all kind of **** like that date was when the car was available for pickup, when ask to speak to supv was told not in yet. Was told if I wanted a specific date I would've had to pay $50 more. More of the same happened all day Wednesday and part of Thursday. I then contacted the BBB via email. All of a sudden National called me to say the driver is picking up my car. The driver accidentally called me and hung up when he realized who he had dialed. Since I had his number I called him back and he said he was picking up my car and would deliver it on Friday.
I complained I didn't want my car sitting in his yard overnight and he said don't worry it'll be safe. At the point I gave in believing I would get my car the next day. It wasn't till around 5Pm the next day that the car arrived. The transport company had originally told me to pay the driver the balance in cash which would be $200. After the problems they told me they were crediting my credit card $100 deposit by $50. They then said pay the driver $250.
I assumed that they would normally have kept the $100 for their company and the driver would keep the $200 as his pay. Since there was problems they had to give the driver more money and therefore take $50 less for themselves.