General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Apologies to the members of this site

Search this Thread

Old April 24th, 2020, 06:54 AM
Old(s) Fart

Apologies to the members of this site

The Mods for this site woke up to a number of posts that violate forum policy and general civility. We've deleted the posts that we could find - I apologize if we've missed some. Everyone please grow up. If members want to be juvenile, take it to Facebook. That behavior will not be tolerated here.
Old April 24th, 2020, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by joe_padavano
The Mods for this site woke up to a number of posts that violate forum policy and general civility. We've deleted the posts that we could find - I apologize if we've missed some. Everyone please grow up. If members want to be juvenile, take it to Facebook. That behavior will not be tolerated here.

Thanks Joe
Old April 24th, 2020, 08:38 AM
Old(s)GuysRule

X3

Thank you Joe; I think the majority here would side with you!
Old April 24th, 2020, 09:03 AM

No need to apologize. It wasn't your fault and you all took care of it quickly
Old April 24th, 2020, 09:23 AM
MOTORHEAD

some fault is mine

i am sorry

Old April 24th, 2020, 09:26 AM
Gary

[We've deleted]..a number of posts that violate forum policy and general civility... That behavior will not be tolerated here.
Thank you for that action. As well, there are a few who continue to fuel less-than-civil discussions. You could mention the consequences to those; perhaps you have already done so.
Old April 24th, 2020, 09:32 AM

Thank you Joe P. It was more than a "one time innocent mistake".
Old April 24th, 2020, 09:33 AM
Randy C.

I greatly appreciate your action. This site has been a blessing to me in understanding my Oldsmobiles, as well as my sometimes being able to impart the technical detail I claim to know onto others who are asking. This site is so generous to everyone with any need to know and the congeniality of this site is far and above reproach. I'm glad the moderators see to it that this site stays that way!

Randy C.
Old April 24th, 2020, 09:33 AM
Frank Ignachuck

Originally Posted by allyolds68
No need to apologize. It wasn't your fault and you all took care of it quickly
X2 ^^^ I read the whole mess early this morning.
Old April 24th, 2020, 09:38 AM

Man, looks like a missed it, was it a juicy soap opera episode?
Old April 24th, 2020, 09:43 AM

Appreciate this Joe. Many of us come to this site and other decent ones to escape, if even for a few minutes, from concerns of the day. Thank you.
Old April 24th, 2020, 10:32 AM
Jeff

While I admit that it's funny to be the uninvolved reader of such arguments, it's quite another to be a participant. Blood pressure rises for no good reason, other than the inability to control oneself from typing things on social media that most likely would not be uttered face to face.

Funny side note: my younger son is doing a project for his 7th grade multimedia class during school-from-home here in Michigan, and it has to do with declining social skills of society and the role that social media has in it.
Old April 24th, 2020, 10:55 AM

Thanks Joe. As usual the Mods do a great job keeping this site user friendly. I know it can be a thankless job,so again a BIG THANKS Bassinguy
Old April 24th, 2020, 11:01 AM
Old School Olds

Originally Posted by ignachuck
X2 ^^^ I read the whole mess early this morning.
Me too. Apologies boys, I thought it was some funny $hit! Thanks Joe and Jamesbro for keeping the peace. Stay safe out there fellas.
Old April 24th, 2020, 11:29 AM
Old(s) Fart

I need to mention that I certainly did not clean this up by myself. We have all the Mods who volunteer their time to thank for this.
Old April 24th, 2020, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Weezer
While I admit that it's funny to be the uninvolved reader of such arguments, it's quite another to be a participant. Blood pressure rises for no good reason, other than the inability to control oneself from typing things on social media that most likely would not be uttered face to face.

Funny side note: my younger son is doing a project for his 7th grade multimedia class during school-from-home here in Michigan, and it has to do with declining social skills of society and the role that social media has in it.
I have a theory on this that I actually put on Facebook the other day, I'll copy it.

"I have a theory, let's call it the Theory of the Big People, and the Small People. Big people are chill; they know they are strong, so they don't have to tell others how to live and tell them to shut up, or correct them. They are live and let live.

Small People are weak. They can't really do life well for themselves, so they have to run their mouths. A lot of shrewish women and little men are like this. They have to tell other people what to do, how to be, what they can say.

In times past, society kept Small People in check by the laws of Nature. If a Small Person mouthed off to a Big Person, they got their *** beat until they learned to live and let live. But now, society, and the nature of the internet, allows Small People to run off at the mouth without fear of repercussions, and that is why people are so nasty online, while the Big People are still chill, no one is punching the Small People in the mouth when they need it."

I will admit the theory may need work.
Old April 24th, 2020, 02:30 PM

Koda, I like it

Old April 24th, 2020, 02:32 PM

I think your theory has merit.
Old April 24th, 2020, 02:51 PM

Thanks Joe and moderators! Let’s not trash our own house. Keep it classy. Thanks again for all you guys do.
Old April 24th, 2020, 03:52 PM

Cool

With everything thats going on today. Feels like house arrest and the frustration of feeling helpless with this Covid 19, its no wonder that we all have frayed nerves. We all have to remember that this is the best forum out there with some of the best people anywhere. We will get through this. If you can't PM your snide comments to me. I have no feelings. Guy
Old April 24th, 2020, 03:56 PM
Olds Fever

Thanks to all who helped clean it up... I was very surprised by the incident, especially from those involved... I think the world events may be taking a toll on some people and hopefully it will get better soon...
Old April 24th, 2020, 05:11 PM

I love the people and information that this site provides. Thanks Joe and to the mods who keep this place a great resource.

Ralphie: "Some men are Baptists…others Catholics…My father was an Oldsmobile man."
Old April 24th, 2020, 05:36 PM

If the Mods were tucked in their beds fast asleep, it's not their fault. I was fast asleep and missed the whole thing...that's on me.
Old April 24th, 2020, 10:12 PM

Thank you for addressing this. Though I was tempted to speak out based on some posts that were out of character for this forum, I opted to keep my thoughts as I did not want to participate in hostilities. Classicoldsmobile= minimal social media drama, more civility and great expertise. Let’s all try to keep it that way.
Old April 26th, 2020, 11:55 AM

I have seen many enthusiast forums descend into madness or disappear entirely due to these kind of problems, totally agree with Koda's explanation. The one thing I learned quickly was not to take the bait and just scroll on by. Thanks to Joe and the other Mods for handling this type of crap all the time in what may seem sometimes like a thankless job.
Old April 26th, 2020, 02:22 PM

Let us be all respectful of each other in this situation .We will make it.Everything will be good.
Alain
Old April 26th, 2020, 02:50 PM
Administrator

While I missed the initial altercation, I just want to say that both the members involved are good people. These events happen from time to time and I think this virus thing may have contributed to some of the pent up frustration. I hope they can reconcile their differences and move on.

Great job on members flagging the posts, we are a good group.
Old April 26th, 2020, 06:48 PM

Thank you to all the moderators for making this one of the best car sites, most realize that the moderators are trying to keep it about the cars. Still recommend this site to friends that ask about Oldsmobiles and need help.