General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

anyone use hagerty insurance?

Search this Thread

Old November 28th, 2009, 05:28 PM

anyone use hagerty insurance?

was thinking of using them as $150 for the year on my 70 seemed reasonable.ever had any probs if you did have to file a claim?I don't mind paying the money but if I did have a prob(pray that never happens)I don't want a company that wont shell out the money without a wrestling match!
Old November 28th, 2009, 06:50 PM
Cutlass Lover

I'm going to go with Hagerty ..... read this thread.
https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums/general-discussion/17566-agreed-value-vintage-car-insurance.html?highlight=insurance
Old November 28th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Grown Azz Kid

I will tell you I just had mine totaled in May and had Safeco and just insured the new one with Safeco as well. Make sure you get a STATED value policy to protect you and the car. Also Safeco actually allows you to drive the car. No isues with Safeco and having a stated value made it real easy as they could not argue the value. if you go with Hagerty just make sure you can do the stated value and that the value is fair
Old November 28th, 2009, 07:45 PM
71 & 72,now I want a 68

I went with Hagerty because all the people I've talked to in person and on the internet say there claim was filed and paid fast and with no hassles.
While calling different companies to inquire about prices and limitations the first few I called gave me grief in one way or another.When I called Hagerty they answered all my questions promptly and fully causing me no grief.
Once Hagerty recieved the info they needed from my end,they were calling me 2 hours later to tell me they would underwrite my policy and coverage would start right away.
So far I've recieved, hassle free,fast and friendly service with a good "word of mouth" reputation to back them.

Old November 28th, 2009, 08:38 PM

It's actually called "Agreed Value" Classic Car Insurance, where if your car is totaled in some way or stolen past 30 days, you get full agreed value price that you establish up front. Check out Grundy.

Last edited by Dan Wirth; November 28th, 2009 at 08:52 PM.
Old November 28th, 2009, 08:51 PM

Please Take a look at this thread and you will see the many sides of Classic Car Insurances out there that some of our members have: https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...insurance.html

Last edited by Dan Wirth; November 28th, 2009 at 08:55 PM.
Old November 29th, 2009, 06:18 AM

I use Hagerty why is something wrong?
Old November 29th, 2009, 07:41 AM

I have it on two cars. I had a claim with them, and they were great, just sent them a photo, got a estimate, and they sent the check. This was not a total lose, just a repair.
Old November 29th, 2009, 07:51 AM
Trying to remember member

Originally Posted by Olds luvr
Make sure you get a STATED value policy to protect you and the car. Also Safeco actually allows you to drive the car. No isues with Safeco and having a stated value made it real easy as they could not argue the value. if you go with Hagerty just make sure you can do the stated value and that the value is fair
NO, NO, NO! "Agreed Value" is preferred. "Stated Value" does *not* mean it can't be argued, it is quite the opposite. Agreed Value is what can't be argued. Stated Value can be "argued" and often is. There is absolutely no guarantee that you will get the full Stated Value". I know the terms can be a bit confusing, but look at the words "stated" and "agreed". That says something. If you got your stated value, great! But please understand that it is *not* a given with Stated Value. They simply determined that your stated value was reasonable. Whole different story if they didn't!

Originally Posted by Dan Wirth
It's actually called "Agreed Value" Classic Car Insurance, where if your car is totaled in some way or stolen past 30 days, you get full agreed value price that you establish up front. Check out Grundy.
It can be "Stated Value" or "Agreed Value" Most of the major collector car insurers have "Agreed Value". And that is why they have become the major ones now.
Old November 29th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Grown Azz Kid

I looked over all the papers and correct it is "agreed value". The words stated and agreed were used by different people I spoke to when shopping. Sorry for the confusion

Bottom line is I had mine totaled with an "Agreed" value and Safeco took care of me. There process to start the process was easy and they are flexible as to when and where you drive the car. When I just bought the replacement car as soon as i bought it I called Safeco and started the new policy while on the road. They do not require an appraisal unless it is above the high book

Sorry for the mistake in wording just wanted to give Safeco a plug here as they paid quickly and did not hassle me and made the ordeal a little less nerve wrecking. I shopped around and found that a couple insurance companies did not allow you to drive the car and that is what I really liked about Safeco being able to drive when and where you want and not have to worry about coverage
Old November 29th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Trying to remember member

Originally Posted by Olds luvr
I looked over all the papers and correct it is "agreed value". The words stated and agreed were used by different people I spoke to when shopping. Sorry for the confusion

Bottom line is I had mine totaled with an "Agreed" value and Safeco took care of me. There process to start the process was easy and they are flexible as to when and where you drive the car. When I just bought the replacement car as soon as i bought it I called Safeco and started the new policy while on the road. They do not require an appraisal unless it is above the high book

Sorry for the mistake in wording just wanted to give Safeco a plug here as they paid quickly and did not hassle me and made the ordeal a little less nerve wrecking. I shopped around and found that a couple insurance companies did not allow you to drive the car and that is what I really liked about Safeco being able to drive when and where you want and not have to worry about coverage
Glad to hear! I just didn't want anyone going off in the wrong direction. I know I was glad when you told of your "incident" and that you did get paid.
Old November 29th, 2009, 04:38 PM
Grown Azz Kid

Thank you I am glad it was corrected as one word changes the coverage
Old November 29th, 2009, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by wmachine
It can be "Stated Value" or "Agreed Value" Most of the major collector car insurers have "Agreed Value". And that is why they have become the major ones now.
I haven't seen a "Stated Value" policy - and have seen quite a few since shopping around recently for my own car, which is why I felt Oldslvr may have errored in what he said.

But anyway, it is good that you clarified the wording differences.. It should help make us a bit more aware and careful with these insurance companies in the future.
Old November 30th, 2009, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by jeffreyalman
I use Hagerty why is something wrong?
No,not at all! I am going to use them to insure my 70.I was just checking to make sure there weren't a lot of unhappy peoplehave heard a lot os good thus far
Old November 30th, 2009, 08:36 PM

I have Hagerty on my two Olds and my brother has it on his '74 T-Bird, which was side swiped by an impatient moron. Hagerty quickly approved and paid for the repairs and even covered $1000.00 for a parts car used to repair it! My '69 is a restoration in progress, and I told them when I called for coverage..no problem, sent them photos of it, and insured for the agreed value.
Old December 1st, 2009, 10:22 AM

I use hagerty,and i would recommend them.