General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Anyone Going To St. Charles, IL Car Swap Meet??

Search this Thread

Old February 22nd, 2013, 07:20 PM

Question Anyone Going To St. Charles, IL Car Swap Meet??

Anyone from the Illinois/Chicago area going THIS SUN to the big Swap meet in St. Charles, IL??? (I think it's at the "Pheasant Run Resort" there?? Depending on the weather I might make the trek out there. (Cabin Fever and all... .)
Old February 22nd, 2013, 07:26 PM
Chevy budget Olds powered

the pheasant run is the race expo fri-sun on sunday is the swap meet at the kane county fair grounds. Im going to both.
Old February 22nd, 2013, 07:31 PM

Thumbs up

Ah, cool! GOOD man!! I might try to be at the kane county fair grounds. (Is that all mostly indoors for Sunday then though or outdoors??) Have you been to that before?? Do they ever have actual cars For Sale? Or a Car Corral at all?? Thanks! I'll try to post here again if I make the run over on Sunday from Quad Cities.
Old February 22nd, 2013, 07:40 PM

it's indoors and outdoors and there has been a few cars but the weather this year might limit the outside crowd. The race an performance expo is less then 4 miles away i would recommed cheking it out plenty of vendors and cool stuff to drool all over lol.
Old February 25th, 2013, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by coppercutlass
it's indoors and outdoors and there has been a few cars but the weather this year might limit the outside crowd. The race an performance expo is less then 4 miles away i would recommed cheking it out plenty of vendors and cool stuff to drool all over lol.
Hey Copper Cutlass; SORRY I missed ya there! I couldn't get my damn password to work to log on Sat nite and respond by SUN AM! I wound up not going anyway; but a buddy drove over from Indiana and said it was "jam-packed" w/ lots of people and vendors indoors...said he didn't notice any "Car Corral" really for sale; but the weather in the area has been pretty wintry of late, so goes with the territory I guess. So did you buy and goodies or new toys there?!?!

THANKS for letting us all know the scoop about it. Maybe more of us can make the next one; should be plenty of more opportunities this spring and summer season for sure!

Take care, thanks again!

John "NorTown"
Old February 25th, 2013, 06:15 PM

I was looking for trim for my car but the place was full of pontiac guys. i bought some tools dirt cheap, and some an- fittings for my fuel lines and some gauges . spent under 300 and went home happy cant beat that.
Old February 25th, 2013, 06:22 PM

Thumbs up

COOL!! GOOD deal man! I heard there was lots of Buick stuff there too...I've got a few of those in my storage cubbies too! LOL~! BUT OLDS Rules Baby, OLDS Rules!! "LONG Live OLDS!"