General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Pate swap meet n ft worth a great meet

Search this Thread

Old April 19th, 2014, 07:46 AM

Pate swap meet n ft worth a great meet

Pate swap meet next week. Anyone going?. Ill be out there. Gonna do the vendor thing this yr for the first time. Hopefully no bad weather.
Old April 19th, 2014, 08:11 AM
car guy

Originally Posted by banny
Hopefully no bad weather.
Won't be Pate if its not bad a least one day. I'll be out there but have nothing to take. I have a few things I need so I'll be scouting for parts.
Old April 19th, 2014, 09:28 AM

I will be set up there on Wed/Thurs in Zone 2A on 8th/9th street. Spending Fri/Sat at the Zone Show in Granbury. Not really bringing a lot of Olds specific stuff, like Gearheads doing more scouting and socializing.
Old April 19th, 2014, 10:15 AM

I will be there most likely on Saturday and Sunday. Plan on dragging a couple of Qjets down there and see if I have any takers. Will probably take one chevy and a couple BOP style. Will be walking around with a cardboard placard, unless I get told to stop.
Old April 24th, 2014, 11:48 AM

Smile

Was anybody needing a '39 clip???
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (94.2 KB, 22 views)
Old January 19th, 2020, 07:35 AM

I was out with my 70 Supreme convertible one afternoon sometime back a few years ago. I pulled in to get some 91 octane no ethanol that's available in Upstate NY now. An older guy probably in his mid 70s walks up and starts looking at the car. I said hello and he don't say hello back but says in a very negative tone, I bet that gets good gas mileage! I looked up at him at that point and said, yeah it gets about 10 mpg on premium raher sarcastically! Well that ended that and he walked away. Thought that was real odd due to the fact he was around when the car was new so he should know how they ate gas. I'm 54 now so I was 5 when the car was new and ever since I was old enough to get into cars I knew the mileage wasn't great but didn't care. Most people are cool when they talk to you but some are real pieces of work. It don't bother me as I still have a great time every time I take
the car out even after 31 years owning it.
Old April 18th, 2023, 07:30 PM

A reminder to anyone reasonably local for next week. I’m in my typical spots starting on Wednesday. Shade,seating,conversation/hospitality beverages to friendly visitors. A great opportunity to find parts, see/meet unique folks and of course the cars. I rarely take vacation, but reserve three days every year for the entertainment/education/parts requisition and likely most importantly the people with a similar passion and a PULSE!! It’s the closest thing us southerner’s get to Hershey. Like all swap meets, you don’t necessarily go home with the items that were on your list but you’ll likely go home with something cooler than you’d expected. Super cheap entertainment.
Old April 19th, 2023, 05:48 AM

I’ll be there with a nice set of SS1’s. I haven’t been out there for years.. Block 81, spots 957-967

Last edited by dc2x4drvr; April 19th, 2023 at 07:27 AM.
Old April 19th, 2023, 07:09 AM
Past Administrator

I plan on going out there for sure, maybe I can find a strato bench seat or a passenger side mirror for the Vista, yes my juices are flowing for the Vista project again. I'm going to tackle it whether I am really qualified to do it or not. Jon, I'll look for you. Anybody else going to be at a particular location where we could find you please let it be known.
Old April 27th, 2023, 01:03 PM
Past Administrator

Just got back from a few hours there, wow walking around killed my knees! I am definintely getting too old. I didn't see anybody there but there was a '72 Vista Cruiser for sale for $17,000.00 I forgot to get the number, should have. The weather was cooperating although a little cool and breezy with spitting rain. Sorry I missed anyone who was there.