General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Anyone on....

Search this Thread

Old August 30th, 2012 | 06:21 AM
Arrrggggg

Anyone on....

ROP that can PM an admin and tell them to start activating accounts? I was directed towards a thread over there that had some parts for sale from Mondello's son and I registered and even sent the email to the admin like it said to and this was like 3 weeks ago. I've tried re-registering, sending emails to domain and contact and nothing. Not sure what the deal is over there. My username is same as on here...guess those guys don't like new members over there or the person who checks for bots is a tad on the lazy side to check his emails. I need some parts he has and there was no contact info just to PM him so I had no choice but to register. /shrug
Old August 30th, 2012 | 06:31 AM

Me too

I have a similar problem with ROP.
I have forgotten my username and password and the site will not allow me to re apply because my e-mail address is in use.

Could some one have them reset my junk or e-mail me my username and password reset info.
my e-mail is BSIM719770@aol.com

Thank's
Old August 30th, 2012 | 06:51 AM
Always room for one more

I signed up months ago, did the whole email the admin thing, never heard a word. Some on here said I'd never get on. I guess I won't worry about it, there are plenty of people here who can get in touch with anyone selling stuff there.
Old August 30th, 2012 | 07:12 AM
Arrrggggg

Originally Posted by slantflat
I signed up months ago, did the whole email the admin thing, never heard a word. Some on here said I'd never get on. I guess I won't worry about it, there are plenty of people here who can get in touch with anyone selling stuff there.

Well yea, I get the fact that there are people here who can contact people there selling stuff.

My thing is, I would rather conduct business with someone else when I am buying goods online between me and them and not third party involved. I could see a whole can of worms if something got mixed up in the relay. Alot of people do the whole PM me thing for price quotes, information exchange, paypal address exchange etc. Just find it silly that a forum with some good information as well as individuals selling items that cutlass community needs is ran in a way that no one new can ever get authorized.

Do they not have an admin, moderator, owner capable of turning on accounts?
Old August 30th, 2012 | 07:20 AM

Same issues here, registered, jumped thru the hoops, nothing, tried again, sent email, nada.......... Help!
Old August 30th, 2012 | 07:54 AM

Good luck. I've sent PM's to the admins with no response. Most of the guys there are on here or HPO as well. Otherwise, what are you looking at? Maybe I can point them here.

^^^^
RandyS, where you at? That is a nice looking ride! I have not seen your car around here before. I'm in Eagle.
Old August 30th, 2012 | 08:26 AM
Lt. Buzzkill (ret.)

I posted a link to this thread on ROP, maybe it'll get some attention.

To the OP: you can contact Bernard through his eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/Bernard-Monde...ng-Enterprises
or by e-mail at : mondellorace@earthlink.net
or call (951) 371-1432
Old August 30th, 2012 | 08:32 AM

i contacted several people there after my barn find stuff to try to sell stuff there also but they must not be interested in my parts and cars. i even had other people there try to get me in but still didn't happen.
Old August 30th, 2012 | 08:44 AM
Arrrggggg

Thanks for the info Copper, and Eric Yeah, the person who runs ROP is def asleep at the wheel LOL
Old August 30th, 2012 | 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Creativeindy
I was directed towards a thread over there that had some parts for sale from Mondello's son
The only thing I've seen Bernard have for sale is a damper. Are you sure you don't mean CJ455? That would be Joe Mondello's business (that his wife Mary now runs) in TN. CJ455 and his contact info is in his sig on ROP

But getting back to your complaint. Yes, unless they start "Administering" over there the site is going to die. I used to have some luck e-mailing the Hunts but I sent an e-mail recently for AH64Pilot & I didn't get anything back either.
Old August 30th, 2012 | 09:59 AM
Arrrggggg

Originally Posted by allyolds68
The only thing I've seen Bernard have for sale is a damper. Are you sure you don't mean CJ455? That would be Joe Mondello's business (that his wife Mary now runs) in TN. CJ455 and his contact info is in his sig on ROP

But getting back to your complaint. Yes, unless they start "Administering" over there the site is going to die. I used to have some luck e-mailing the Hunts but I sent an e-mail recently for AH64Pilot & I didn't get anything back either.

No I meant Bernard. Not looking for a dampner. Like originally stated, I was directed over there for some stuff he has for sale and I was going to PM him over there but since they don't like to admin accounts that was a no go. Obviously I could email him, but the original point was that I tried to register again and just PM him and when they still have yet to activate the latest attempt 3 weeks ago I decided to post this to see if we can light a flame under someones ***. My oldest account I tried to register was in 09 when I had my hardtop. Started 3 accounts back then and tried for months to get activated. I gave up and found this site and if you look my join date is the same date I tried to get my original account over there.

Bernard sells heads as well

http://www.realoldspower.com/phpBB2/...er=asc&start=0

Last edited by Creativeindy; August 30th, 2012 at 10:02 AM.
Old August 30th, 2012 | 11:49 AM
11.52 @116

I gave up awhile ago and just lurk there from time to time.
Old August 30th, 2012 | 01:57 PM
Always room for one more

I wasn't saying to have someone act as a mediator throughout the whole process, just that someone could get in contact with the seller on ROP and have them contact you.

The savvy ROP lister will realize the shortcomings and put his contact details in the ad.