General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

2016 NTOC Zone Show—Friday April 15 through Sunday Morning April 17

Search this Thread

Old November 7th, 2015, 09:07 AM
Administrator

This is a wonderful get together for Olds owners in the N Texas area with good participation, great cars and people.

Reminder to reserve your rooms!!!
Not too early to make your plans for the 2016 NTOC Zone Show. Reservations at the Hilton
Garden Inn must be made by January 22, 2016, but there are only 30 rooms available in
our block. None at a higher rate after January 22. We are planning another (bad weather
free) Granbury Zone Show at the Hilton Garden Inn with dinner at Bob and Carol Ann’s
on Saturday night, April 16.

Room reservation information:
The group code is NTOC16. All reservations under this block must be made by January
22, 2016. Be sure to use the GROUP CODE to get the reduced rate for that weekend.
Anyone at the front desk should be able to assist with reservations. The phone number is
817-579-3800. We have 30 rooms blocked at the special rate of $104.00 per night plus tax.

As always it is recommended that you make your reservations early. When the Hilton is
filled we recommend that you contact one of the overflow hotels we used last year. They
were:
Best Western - 817-573-4239 and Holiday Inn Express - 817-579-7099
Old February 10th, 2016, 09:12 PM
Administrator

Hope you all got your reservations in. This is always a great get together.
Old February 11th, 2016, 03:26 AM

Eric: Thanks for putting the reminder out for the Zone Show, should be another fun weekend, hopefully without the "way too close" tornado warnings while at Bob and Carol Ann's hanger dinner Saturday evening.
Old February 11th, 2016, 05:07 AM
Administrator

I agree, we had some interesting weather last year. Hope you and your better half are doing well.
Old February 11th, 2016, 06:08 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

This is really a fun event. It is my favorite event and I look forward to it every year. It is a fun group of folks and I encourage anybody in the area to attend.
Old March 17th, 2016, 07:43 AM
Administrator

Just a month away....
Old March 17th, 2016, 08:23 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Thanks Eric. I believe the Hilton Garden Inn is sold out of the blocked rooms. We just stayed in the Comfort Suites for the Sweethearts & Orphans Show and it was pretty good. The Plantation Inn is closer to the Hilton and older but gets decent ratings and is a lot less.
Old March 17th, 2016, 08:15 PM

I hope the NTOC has a fabulous show, just wish I could attend, but my 442 is is in JAX right now. We will be on Power Tour!
Old April 9th, 2016, 06:53 AM
Administrator

Just a week away... Now I just need to get rid of this case of the flu.
Old April 9th, 2016, 08:42 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

I hope we have better weather next Saturday than we have today. The forecast does not look favorable but that is a week away and in Texas means nothing. We are looking forward to it as always.
Old April 15th, 2016, 06:59 AM
Administrator

Hopefully the weather holds up! I'll probably swing by after lunch.
Old April 15th, 2016, 07:16 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Unfortunately, I had to cancel due to the weather. With a car that leaks in the rain and barely has windshield wipers, there is just no way I can take the chance with the forecast. There is a pretty good chance of rain tomorrow but then it goes to 90% tomorrow night and 100% when we would be coming home on Sunday. I am really bummed but there is just too much risk. I had to cancel my reservation at the Hilton last night or pay for one night. I always look forward to this event. I did not send an email to the NTOC because I didn't want to discourage anybody from coming.
Old April 15th, 2016, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by redoldsman
Unfortunately, I had to cancel due to the weather. With a car that leaks in the rain and barely has windshield wipers, there is just no way I can take the chance with the forecast. There is a pretty good chance of rain tomorrow but then it goes to 90% tomorrow night and 100% when we would be coming home on Sunday. I am really bummed but there is just too much risk. I had to cancel my reservation at the Hilton last night or pay for one night. I always look forward to this event. I did not send an email to the NTOC because I didn't want to discourage anybody from coming.

Thanks for being so concerned. I'm now President Elect of the club, and it is really great to hear of people being so considerate and dedicated to our club.
Old April 15th, 2016, 09:57 AM
Administrator

Sorry your cancelling Glenn but it is fully understandable. The weather is supposed to hold out until Sunday here, however people need to consider the areas they have to drive back to when its over. I think people heading west of DFW have the most worry Sunday.
Old April 15th, 2016, 10:05 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Originally Posted by costpenn
Thanks for being so concerned. I'm now President Elect of the club, and it is really great to hear of people being so considerate and dedicated to our club.
Thanks Joe. I sent Javier & Denise an email. I so look forward to this event every year. There are lots of great folks in the NTOC and my wife and I both enjoy it.
Old April 17th, 2016, 03:20 PM

A real deluge on the way home today from Granbury. I'm sure the windshield wipers have never run on top speed for that long since the Silver Bullet was built! And don't even mention the defroster. Needless to say, a very interesting drive, but we still had a fun weekend, and missed those that couldn't make it (understandably).
Old April 17th, 2016, 03:25 PM
Administrator

It was still a respectable turnout with some very nice cars. Friday was beautiful, Saturday a bit breezy and overcast with some brief late afternoon drizzles. Just enough to spot the cars. All in all a great get together for the show. I was unable to make the dinner after, but assume it was delicious and a lot of fun as always. If anyone has some pictures please post.
Old April 17th, 2016, 04:06 PM

I was with NTOC in spirit, too bad the weather didn't cooperate this year..
Old April 17th, 2016, 04:24 PM

All things considered, it was a great show with 35 cars in attendance - all the way from a '27 to a Trofeo. I left this morning at 6:15AM and it rained all the way back to Dallas, but at least I didn't have to contend with any strong winds - my trailer does not likey...
Old April 17th, 2016, 04:39 PM

The boys and I had a great time. I was glad to out names with faces. My wife and daughter will becoming to the Nats with us in July. Can't wait to see all the cars. I have told Rick Duden that we need a caravan from Oklahoma next year. Thanks for a great show.

Matt
Old April 17th, 2016, 05:58 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

I am really glad it turned out for the most part. The drive home today would have been a disaster for me. I hope everybody got home safely.