General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

1969 Cutlass S 3" Emblem Front Quarter

Search this Thread

Old June 23rd, 2012, 01:49 PM

1969 Cutlass S 3" Emblem Front Quarter

Just wondering how the 3" Cutlass S Emblem is attached on the front quarter panel of my 69 Cutlass. Mine has come loose but it looks like it was attached using some adhesive. None of the re pops mention anything about studs or fasteners. Don't want to pull too hard while repairing and damage the panel if there's a hidden fastener. Thank You.

Last edited by atkinsom; June 23rd, 2012 at 01:52 PM.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 02:15 PM

Emblem

[ QUOTE=atkinsom;420840]Just wondering how the 3" Cutlass S Emblem is attached on the front quarter panel of my 69 Cutlass. Mine has come loose but it looks like it was attached using some adhesive. None of the re pops mention anything about studs or fasteners. Don't want to pull too hard while repairing and damage the panel if there's a hidden fastener. Thank You.[/QUOTE]

ORIGINAL HAD 2 PINS HELD ON INSIDE OF FENDER, INSTALL PUSH IN BULLET SHAPE OR LOOSEN LOWER SECTION OF FENDER AND INSTALL SPEED NUTS.

HOPE THIS HELPS,

BOB
69 CUTLASS OWNER FOR 40 YRS.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 06:20 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by atkinsom
Just wondering how the 3" Cutlass S Emblem is attached on the front quarter panel of my 69 Cutlass. Mine has come loose but it looks like it was attached using some adhesive. None of the re pops mention anything about studs or fasteners. Don't want to pull too hard while repairing and damage the panel if there's a hidden fastener. Thank You.
The emblem has integral studs with stamped sheet metal nuts called Pal Nuts on the back. You must either remove the fender or otherwise contort your hand and wrench inside the small opening between the fender and the door with the door open. Some have had success removing the inner fender.
Old June 25th, 2012, 05:06 AM

Thank You for the info...as I suspected when the last owner had her painted they just glued on the emblems which is pretty lazy on the painters part. Anyway my arms too big for the opening between the door and the panel BUT not for my 14 year old daughter Had her do a dry run and her skinny little arm fits perfect with lots of room to spare. Crazy thing is she offered to help after watching me struggle...blew me away!!! She didn't need to ask twice...will get the nuts and tighten it up next weekend when she's over.