General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

1967 Cutlass Supreme Headers

Search this Thread

Old April 8th, 2014, 12:39 PM

1967 Cutlass Supreme Headers

I came across this article from Hot Rod regarding the infamous footnote that indicates no header will fit the 65-67Cutlass Supreme.

http://www.hotrod.com/muscle_car_rev...tlass_headers/
Old April 8th, 2014, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by DLaz70OLDS98
I came across this article from Hot Rod regarding the infamous footnote that indicates no header will fit the 65-67Cutlass Supreme.

http://www.hotrod.com/muscle_car_rev...tlass_headers/
Nice for those with 442/400 big block. No real change for small block Cutlass owners.
Tim
Old April 8th, 2014, 01:09 PM
Administrator

With the exception of the Cutlass S note, those sporadic problems with installation has always existed. The main issue with the 64-67 A bodies is with the lack of support for a reasonably priced header for an SBO. I don't see anything accomplished here besides removing the note.
Old April 8th, 2014, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by oldcutlass
With the exception of the Cutlass S note, those sporadic problems with installation has always existed. The main issue with the 64-67 A bodies is with the lack of support for a reasonably priced header for an SBO. I don't see anything accomplished here besides removing the note.
Perhaps you should contact them. I don’t see why they wouldn'tbe receptive to this request. God knows there are a lot of SBO in these Abodies. It could be fairly lucrative for a company to start production of aheader that could fit the SBO.
Old April 8th, 2014, 01:53 PM
Administrator

I don't think it's a lucrative endeavor for them. I know it's tight in there and you'd think since these cars have been around for 40+ years, you'd a thought if it were feasible they would have done it years ago when there were more of these cars around.
Old April 8th, 2014, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by oldcutlass
I don't think it's a lucrative endeavor for them. I know it's tight in there and you'd think since these cars have been around for 40+ years, you'd a thought if it were feasible they would have done it years ago when there were more of these cars around.
It actually could be quite lucrative, of the 64-67 Cutlasses left with SB's I would beat there is a huge amount of them that would love to be able to get there hands on a reasonably priced set of headers. A large amount of these cars are owned by people like myself with some cash to throw around and wish they could.

I just wish there was someway to get one of these places to do this, I have tried to contact some of these manufacturers and they hide from there customers like they done something wrong. I know American Racing Headers builds them but they are such works of art they cost more than they are worth, wish they would just make up some 1 5/8-1 3/4" mild steel headers and sell them at a reasonable price, I'd buy the first set.
Old April 8th, 2014, 04:46 PM
Administrator

Kooks also makes them, and also quite pricey. I looked for some back when I still had the 330 in my car, slim pickins. Like I said in my previous post if they did not make them back when there were a lot more of these cars on the road, I doubt we will get them to make them now.
Old April 9th, 2014, 01:10 AM

Best part is if you go to the website to actually buy them it still says, does not fit cutlass supreme. Lol

http://shop.pertronix.com/doug-s-hea...75-coated.html
Old April 9th, 2014, 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by H8D-67
Best part is if you go to the website to actually buy them it still says, does not fit cutlass supreme. Lol

http://shop.pertronix.com/doug-s-hea...75-coated.html
I believe the reason is because they have their 2012 catalog listed. The article was published in 10/13. I suppose if you call they will indicate that.
Old April 9th, 2014, 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by jag1886
It actually could be quite lucrative, of the 64-67 Cutlasses left with SB's I would beat there is a huge amount of them that would love to be able to get there hands on a reasonably priced set of headers. A large amount of these cars are owned by people like myself with some cash to throw around and wish they could.

I just wish there was someway to get one of these places to do this, I have tried to contact some of these manufacturers and they hide from there customers like they done something wrong. I know American Racing Headers builds them but they are such works of art they cost more than they are worth, wish they would just make up some 1 5/8-1 3/4" mild steel headers and sell them at a reasonable price, I'd buy the first set.
I agree Jag. With the development of technology I believe it could be lucrative. But that's just my opinion.
Old April 9th, 2014, 05:43 AM

The article acts like they are treading into unknown territory They should have asked here and would have found a out a lot more!lol That dimple on the header pipe is pretty severe. Hooker headers fit much better. I have them on a my 67 442conv but it is a 4spd car so maybe there would be a little trouble with the automatic fluid lines and colum shift linkage.
Old April 9th, 2014, 06:55 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by Oldsmaniac
The article acts like they are treading into unknown territory They should have asked here and would have found a out a lot more!lol
X2. I saw that on the news stand and promptly put the magazine back. This is why I dropped my subscription to MCR many years ago.
Old April 9th, 2014, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by Oldsmaniac
The article acts like they are treading into unknown territory They should have asked here and would have found a out a lot more!lol That dimple on the header pipe is pretty severe. Hooker headers fit much better. I have them on a my 67 442conv but it is a 4spd car so maybe there would be a little trouble with the automatic fluid lines and colum shift linkage.
I was thinking the same thing Joe. I guess if you have a big enough hammer you can accomplish anything!!!!