General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

1964 Olds Cutlass holiday coupe resto

Search this Thread

Old January 19th, 2019, 11:19 AM

1964 Olds Cutlass holiday coupe resto

Hey Guys
Restoring families original 1964 Olds Cutlass police interceptor engine with automatic floor console
Im taking components apart cleaning them up sandblasting priming & painting parts. Question can I take the top fender to fender cross piece out the crosspiece that has the top radiator tank holder bolted to this also this piece has the good bumpers bolted to it? & The structural left & right piece underneath this crosspiece call them headlight doors ? And if I shouldn't remove can't I reasonably scrap sand etch/prime paint (black) everything in place & have it come out looking right also same for inner fender Wells Lt & RT
Thanks Guys
Old January 19th, 2019, 11:50 AM

I think your talking about the core support? If you look under the car the bumpers bolt to the frame not the core support. Remove the front bumper, the grill headlights

and you can clean up the core support without removing it.You can remove the inner fender wells with out removing the fenders too

Old January 19th, 2019, 12:14 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by alsmith787
Hey Guys
Restoring families original 1964 Olds Cutlass police interceptor engine with automatic floor console
Im taking components apart cleaning them up sandblasting priming & painting parts. Question can I take the top fender to fender cross piece out the crosspiece that has the top radiator tank holder bolted to this also this piece has the good bumpers bolted to it? & The structural left & right piece underneath this crosspiece call them headlight doors ? And if I shouldn't remove can't I reasonably scrap sand etch/prime paint (black) everything in place & have it come out looking right also same for inner fender Wells Lt & RT
Thanks Guys

So you didn't like the answer I gave you over on the AACA forum?