General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

1927 Dodge Brothers Sedan

Search this Thread

Old September 13th, 2010, 09:13 AM

1927 Dodge Brothers Sedan

My sons stepdad got a 1927 Dodge with the 212.3 four banger. I was amazed by how simple the engine was. Car is almost all there they used a vacuum canister as a fuel pump of course this was one of the items that is missing so we are going to use a low volume electric fuel pump. Was also puzzled that there was only a break and a clutch. Then seen the throttle **** on the dash haha. so one hand on the shifter one on the throttle how do you steer this thing. Think a good upgrade would be a excellerator peddle. It also has mechanical beakes these things look huge and are only on the rear wheels. They look like they should be able to stop it. Right now we are getting parts to complete the engine and get it running. Not looking forward to running the wires for the 12 volt possitive ground system. Did GM vehicles of this era have the same features ?
Old September 13th, 2010, 10:25 AM

Guy I went to school with had a dodge of that vintage maybe a year or two older and it had a gas pedal. I am sure his and the linkage has just gone missing. The cable brakes a a bitch, the cables stretch after several uses then you have to adjust again. Depending on use this will be a regular event.
Old September 13th, 2010, 11:18 AM
Oldsdruid

www.aaca.org There is an active Dodge and general old car forum there who can help you with yer DB, both advice and parts. They understand old car there and seems like I saw a link to another early Dodge/Mopar site a few weeks back.

Pretty sure everything on that car is 6V.

Might this be the "Fast Four"?

Welcome to the world of OLD cars!