Wiper motor wire

Search this Thread

Old April 16th, 2012, 06:06 PM

Wiper motor wire

I have a wiper wire dilemma. I have a 65 cutlass vert and did a frame off resto. I took the car apart over 2 yrs ago and labeled everything well. I had to cut 1 wire that was routed thru the dash grommet and connected to the far right on the wiper motor connector.I did not want to destroy the connector. It looks to be a black wire with a purple/pinkish stripe on it. After cutting I pulled it thru the dash and wound it up with the tach wire. The car is not highly optioned so there were only 3 wires thru the grommet. The circuit breaker for the convertible top, the brown tach wire and the wiper wire with the stripe. Now I am installing the wire harness, everything labeled went very well....only I cannot find the wiper wire that I pulled thru the dash and wound up with the tach wire!! I have it coming off the wiper motor so where did it originally connect to in the car? I looked under the dash with a flashlight, laying on my back but cannot find that darn wire. I also do not see that color wire in the wiring diagram in the repair manual. Any advice is appreciated.
Old April 16th, 2012, 06:43 PM

My wiring diagram shows you should have three wires coming off your wiper/washer assembly. A Dark Blue wire that goes from the washer to the washer switch. A Black wire that goes from the wiper to the wiper switch. A Yellow wire that goes from the washer and wiper to the fuse box fuse labeled "W/S Wiper".
Old April 16th, 2012, 07:09 PM

Yea, i am looking at the same diagram, the harness is definitely original. Other than 1 crispy- but still connected starter solenoid wire it is in near perfect condition.