Wire harness suggestions for 71 Cutlass

Search this Thread

Old July 17th, 2019, 06:18 AM

Wire harness suggestions for 71 Cutlass

I took my Cutlass out of storage and unfortunately Mickey mouse and his friends was using the car for their own personal playground. They chewed through wires and to be safe I want to replace the whole wiring. Is there a complete wiring harness kit that you guys would recommend.
Old July 17th, 2019, 07:27 AM
'72 Cutlass ragtop

if you want OEM replacement harnesses, M&H Fabricators is your best bet in my opinion - you can buy direct or through any of their vendors (such as Year 1, OPGI, etc) they're sold individually rather than in sets. so you can get whatever harness section you need separately - dash, accessory, intermediate, rear, forward... Their harnesses are also usually on sale through Ebay ads as well from some of their vendors.

American Autowire is another vendor reproducing factory harnesses and their products are excellent as well. Also available direct and through vendors.

Painless Wiring makes an aftermarket re-wiring system but it's a modern-level upgrade setup that doesn't follow factory form, so it's not a direct plug & play effort. Totally different but also a potentially good option if you're inclined to go that route, especially if you're swapping out to aftermarket gauges or other electronic upgrades.

Last edited by 70sgeek; July 17th, 2019 at 07:40 AM.
Old July 17th, 2019, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by 70sgeek
if you want OEM replacement harnesses, M&H Fabricators is your best bet in my opinion - you can buy direct or through any of their vendors (such as Year 1, OPGI, etc) they're sold individually rather than in sets. so you can get whatever harness section you need separately - dash, accessory, intermediate, rear, forward... Their harnesses are also usually on sale through Ebay ads as well from some of their vendors.

American Autowire is another vendor reproducing factory harnesses and their products are excellent as well. Also available direct and through vendors.

Painless Wiring makes an aftermarket re-wiring system but it's a modern-level upgrade setup that doesn't follow factory form, so it's not a direct plug & play effort. Totally different but also a potentially good option if you're inclined to go that route, especially if you're swapping out to aftermarket gauges or other electronic upgrades.

Thank you so much Im going to look into it
Old July 17th, 2019, 06:11 PM
1968 442 Convertible

American Auto Wire has never let me down. Plug and play, like original. Matter of fact, just installed several of AAW harnesses in my '68 and it was stress free.
Old July 17th, 2019, 07:42 PM
Gary

You cant go wrong with American Auto Wire or M&H. I have used both and never had a problem. Both are plug and play.