Recommended Relay Center?

Search this Thread

Old August 4th, 2015 | 09:53 AM

Recommended Relay Center?

Have the need for multiple relays for various components. Rather than have relays wired throughout, I'd prefer to have a "relay center" unit that allows you to pre-wire all the relays in a single unit.

Any experience/recommendations with such relay centers?

-J
1970 Olds Cutlass coupe
Old September 18th, 2015 | 07:30 AM
Photoshop God

I saved from somewhere, not sure what forum.

I have found that most all early-late 90's olds, buick, and cadillac fullsize cars have a nice large fuse/relay panel on the firefwalls. They are covered by a large plastic cover that blends in well, and could be easy to overlook. There are two small banks of maxi fuses and (depending on year and model of car) anywhere from 4 to 8 nice waterproof relays. The relays and fuse panel are real nice for adding on extra goodies such as electric cooling fans, offroad lights, stero systems, whatever you may need. The fuse panels are powered by a large guage wire powering one side of the fuse block, and nice large guage wires coming off each fuse. The relays also have the nice large guage wire too.
Old September 19th, 2015 | 07:59 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by DewChugr
I saved from somewhere, not sure what forum.

I have found that most all early-late 90's olds, buick, and cadillac fullsize cars have a nice large fuse/relay panel on the firefwalls. They are covered by a large plastic cover that blends in well, and could be easy to overlook. There are two small banks of maxi fuses and (depending on year and model of car) anywhere from 4 to 8 nice waterproof relays. The relays and fuse panel are real nice for adding on extra goodies such as electric cooling fans, offroad lights, stero systems, whatever you may need. The fuse panels are powered by a large guage wire powering one side of the fuse block, and nice large guage wires coming off each fuse. The relays also have the nice large guage wire too.
This is one good option. Another is the late 80s-early 90s GM trucks with TBI. There is typically a rack of relays on the firewall.