New tunes for the 88 (+) a Warning

Search this Thread

Old March 18th, 2008, 06:55 PM

Angry New radio for the 88 (+) a Warning

Just bought a Pioneer unit for my 75 Delta Vert.I plan to put it in the glove box and I know that the box will have to be cut (not deep enough!) Have new Pioneer 6x9's for the rear and 3.5's for the front.Will have to cut out some metal in the back to fit the 6x9's.All this said ,I need to know the best connections for power to hook up the unit.Need a constant (hot) and a hot from the switch.(ignition).Everything else is pretty straight forward???
By the way , I still need the rear seat belts for this car andd maybe a replacement glove box.

Warning: The above unit and speakers were purchased at a BB (BIG BOX)!!
Installation was said to be about $100.-130. When I got there for my appt. I found that the CUSTOM install would be an extra $71. an Hr. (X) 2Hrs.) + the ant. adaptor and a black plastic box to fit the unit in. All this totaled $274. I brought everything home and me and a Clydesdale will put it in . $274. to put in a $165. On Sale system.
Thanks for the ear.

Last edited by dyscookn; March 19th, 2008 at 06:27 AM.
Old March 19th, 2008, 06:53 AM
Old(s) Fart

The best place to get +12V for a stereo is to run a power wire straight to the battery. Switched power should be available at the fuse box on one of the unused accessory taps.

I missed the previous request for rear belts. Are you sure they're really missing. Often, the rear belts get pushed down between the seat bottom and back. Have you removed the seat bottom to check? Assuming they really are gone, rear belts from any 71-76 GM full size should work.
Old March 19th, 2008, 08:36 AM

Thanks Joe. I do have the seats out .The male end (s) are missing ,which I think is strange. Were there 2 or 3 sets in the back? I have had the seat out several times so I'm getting pretty good at it or I have all the crud broken loose. The belts were missing when I got the car.
Old March 19th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Seasoned beater pilot.

You can have some maroon 85 delta rear belts for free, I'm gonna dumpster them this weekend.
Old March 19th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by dyscookn
Thanks Joe. I do have the seats out .The male end (s) are missing ,which I think is strange. Were there 2 or 3 sets in the back? I have had the seat out several times so I'm getting pretty good at it or I have all the crud broken loose. The belts were missing when I got the car.
That's weird. There should be three sets of belts in the back. The two middle bolts have one male and one female belt each.