horn relay etc.

Search this Thread

Old March 26th, 2008, 10:57 AM

horn relay etc.

can anyone tel me how to conect the horn realy of a 69'delta88 (delmont)
please with pictures.
I do not know how to conect the horn, The big + wire is already conected, i mean the smaller wire's of the horn itselve etc.
a pink/black, black and green wire.

And wich collor wire's ar ment to conect to the windscreenwasherpump and moter.

It's a 69' delta 88

Gr.

Derk
Old March 26th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Past Administrator

Ok, let's see what we can come up with.

Horn relay/key buzzer: according to the drawing, which I hope is true to physical positions are, pink-black to the right, red (power) is second from right, black-green is second from left, and black is to the left. By the way, the pink-black is the one that goes through the firewall connector into the inside and to the horn button/key buzzer switch, the black wire also goes inside the cab.

Washer wiper motor: light blue goes inside the cab to the activation button (which looks like a momentary push to me) the black also goes there which makes sense. That would be a momentary ground to activate the motor which has it's own relay mechanism built into it. It looks like that relay has the dark blue and yellow wires attached to it. I remember that the whole washer motor/relay/pump mechanism is one unit and has a long connector with about five or six wires attached. Sorry but the wiring diagram doesn't specify the orientation for those. You definitely want to find the black, light blue, and dark blue wires. I think the additional wires would be for the mechanism that has the variable speed motor (the dark blue or yellow depending on speed) I THINK, but NOT SURE about that part.