Fusick replacement horn

Search this Thread

Old September 21st, 2023 | 01:03 AM

Fusick replacement horn

Has anyone ever installed a replacement pair of horns from Fusick and knows how they are supposed to be installed on a 1962 98. They are supposed to be a replacement but the bracket is not what I was expand I am unsure how the are meant to be installed

Old September 21st, 2023 | 01:20 AM

Horn bracket

The horns are fine but just would like to know if anyone has mounted them in the same area the old horns where and how they did it. Before I go alternating the brackets or car
Old September 21st, 2023 | 04:51 AM

I don’t about ‘62’s, but in ‘66 these brackets mounted to 2 holes pretty close together on the underside of a horizontal part of the core support. One hole is threaded to receive a bolt or sheet metal screw. In my case a 3/8’s head hex screw.

The tang on the end slips into the second close by hole just to keep the horn from spinning around in case the screw comes loose. If I were using this in my ‘66, I’d remove the nut on the horn nautilus and flip the mounting bracket over.

Hope that helps
Chris
Old September 21st, 2023 | 05:08 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by cfair
If I were using this in my ‘66, I’d remove the nut on the horn nautilus and flip the mounting bracket over.

Hope that helps
Chris
Exactly what I was going to say.
Old September 21st, 2023 | 12:48 PM

Horn Attachment

Thank you both for that. I will go looking for that set of holes on the core support. I was looking on the panel where some non- original horns had been mounted.
Old September 21st, 2023 | 01:39 PM

Look in the manual for the original holes. Since it’s hidden, if you’re not too fussed about originality, drill a couple and tap one such that they will fit your horns.

Just put ‘em where the wiring will reach them easily. Or you’ll be drilling and soldering…

Cheers
Chris
Old September 21st, 2023 | 01:43 PM

I use Fusick a lot, but they produce their parts offshore, so the people making these parts may not have even seen pictures of any vintage Oldsmobiles, much less know how they go together.

I actually do like their quality, overall, but it wouldn’t surprise me if this horn was from a new-guy batch.

Or they just goofed up the design.

But GM had it’s Monday morning hangover and Friday afternoon cars too…

Cheers
Chris
Old September 21st, 2023 | 04:15 PM
Art S

The decorative grill brackets attach to a horizontal bar. On the underside of the bar there should be two threaded holes at both ends of the bar that is where the flat stock that is attached to the horn gets bolted to (I think the bolts are 1/2" x 1 1/4"). The second pic here, turn the horn counter clockwise 90* and that will be the orientation how it hangs underneath the bar. The open end of the horns face each other pointing to the middle of the car. The connectors hang out of the wire harness going across.
Old September 21st, 2023 | 07:41 PM

Not sure if it's different from my cutlass but I just added a J-clip nut to the bracket and used the appropriate screw.
if you zoom in you can see the two holes on each side of the radiator.