Fuse panel

Search this Thread

Old March 16th, 2018, 05:59 AM
Twinkke610

Fuse panel

Bought ny first oldd,a 73 delta 88.last inspected 2010 less then a 100 miles where put on it until i bought it a few months ago.has less then 38k on the clock but has its issues. I cant fuse panel,having issues with verybdim headlights and no interior lights. I figured id start at the fuse panel...but i cant find it....LOL. google is of no help. If anyone can point me in the right and/or any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old March 16th, 2018, 07:48 AM

The fuse panel is up under the dash just above where your left foot would rest when driving. It's just above the dimmer switch, which is on the floor on this car.

The headlights don't use a fuse. There is a circuit breaker in the headlight switch. If your headlights are dim, it's not a fuse problem, anyway. It's more likely dirty connections along the way. The connectors to the headlights from this era were not sealed in any way, and it's likely that they've gotten rusty over the years. I've spent more than enough time in my life pulling old connectors off the back of headlights and sticking a small, thin file into the connector to shine up the metal.

The interior lights are controlled by a fuse, so you'll definitely want to check that out. If you don't have service manual for this car, that should be your very first acquisition. They're readily available on ebay.

Here's one I found just now. Look around as they do vary in price. Make sure you get an original paper version, not one on CD as those are just scans of paper copies, and they quality of the images is not always as good as it should be.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/73-1973-Old...NXhEkW&vxp=mtr

Old March 16th, 2018, 07:49 AM

The fuse panel is going to look something like this when you finally find it.

Old March 16th, 2018, 08:10 AM
Administrator

The interior lights are controlled by the door jamb switches or by turning the headlight switch all the way CCW providing a ground to one side of the lamps. The other side has constant power that is provided by the ctsy fuse.

For the headlights, clean all the connectors at the lamps. Measure the voltage and let us know what it is.