Door speaker install, here goes.. Something? :D

Search this Thread

Old July 12th, 2015, 10:03 AM
Rocket "Scientist"

Door speaker install, here goes.. Something? :D

So I got a pair of old cast chrome plated / black painted speaker grilles / adapters that seem to fit a 5 1/4" speaker at a yard sale for $10. I plan to use 'em in my door speaker install, pics below. I'll update this as I go, not sure if I have money for speakers this week or not, but I can mod out the doors to make 'em fit using the old Golden Voice speakers. They have a different basket profile, but it's a larger profile so the Kicker's I'm planning on throwing in should fit great.

I'm planning on running 5 1/4" Kicker CS's in the doors and 3 1/2" Kicker CS's in the dash, gonna throw a cheap Kicker 10" sub in the trunk, don't need a lot of boom. I'm more Rock N' Roll and Heavy Metal than the vibr-o-matic thump mobiles you see around.

I mean come on, if my damn organs are vibrating from a car three cars back, how does the guy IN the car not simply disintegrate, melt, or otherwise die from it?

Anyway, I'll keep y'all updated with the door speakers. Pics of the brackets I'm using, my only complaint is the green stamped nuts they use, one of which fell into my yard.. Which as you well know, is also quite green.