Alternator and Battery new 1987 oldsmobile please help!

Search this Thread

Old August 8th, 2014, 05:16 PM

Alternator and Battery new 1987 oldsmobile please help!

I'm currently facing an issue where i just recently replaced the alternator and battery but the battery is dying (charge light will be on when car starts, then it would fade away.. then sometimes flicker), as well when i would accelerate the car would boggle down, or delayed acceleration until after i hit 3rd gear and it will run smoothly..

The car has now "Died" for the third time where i was sitting and letting it idle after i had driven and the charge light came on.. i gave the car some gas and once it hit high RPM's it would seem to stall till it finally did, The car has died once again and won't start (i hear clicking from the battery, i hear the fuel pump (somewhat loudly -possible change to that later..) but the car wont turn over Or will only crank with a charge (went to autozone 2 times already) ... 3rd time i jumpstarted the car and it ran and held the charge for a weeks worth till this finally happened. (but dash lights will still show) i know it's more than one thing but i want to start off with electrical repairs..

Any ideas guys (would be really thankfull!) i'm thinking its one of the three relays under the driver side hood, but idk which one is which, where the short could be... as well as any side info towards the EGR valve (high ticking at some point after i recharged my battery 2nd time) or the MAF sensor

Picture is below, can anyone identify the relays I labeled as well? (there's 3)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
odliesmobile.jpg (84.0 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by Phoenixsheperd; August 10th, 2014 at 09:47 PM.