'74-'76 "Lights On" Relay Part Number?

Search this Thread

Old March 31st, 2023, 08:39 PM

'74-'76 "Lights On" Relay Part Number?

I'm planning on installing the lights-on warning option in my '75 98 (because I'm an idiot who has a habit of leaving his marker lights on) and was wondering if anyone could tell me what the part number for the relay that runs the whole thing is?
Old April 1st, 2023, 09:25 AM
Oldsdruid

Go to NAPA and get one of these headlight warning buzzer kits. Ever so much simpler.

But if you're determined to install the UJ2 option, here's the 74 parts book info. It will be same for 74-76, though I'll note the 76 book doesn't even show the UJ2 parts.

What I read into this is that Y67 low washer fluid and low fuel level warning package is also required to make the headlights warning functional.

That's the trouble with loading a car up with options it didn't originally have. You have to know what else was required or unavailable with what you want to add.

Last edited by rocketraider; April 1st, 2023 at 09:28 AM.
Old April 1st, 2023, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by rocketraider
Go to NAPA and get one of these headlight warning buzzer kits. Ever so much simpler.

But if you're determined to install the UJ2 option, here's the 74 parts book info. It will be same for 74-76, though I'll note the 76 book doesn't even show the UJ2 parts.

What I read into this is that Y67 low washer fluid and low fuel level warning package is also required to make the headlights warning functional.

That's the trouble with loading a car up with options it didn't originally have. You have to know what else was required or unavailable with what you want to add.

I wasn't aware they made new kits for that, but I'd much rather have the factory option if I can help it. I bought an entire dash from a '76 Tornado a few months ago that had the indicator package option and I can tell you you don't need them all to make them all work, they're independant of each other.

For instance, the Low Fuel indicator (the easiest to install if your car didn't come with it) is a circuit board with a bulb socket wired to it. It uses three studs to fasten down o to the main dash PCB and just piggy-packs off of the three traces that run to the fuel gauge and lights the bulb up when the voltage from the sender unit hits a certain point.

Thanks for the parts book reference, by the way, though it looks like the P/N for the relay is cut off on the right side?

Last edited by SirVelociraptor; April 1st, 2023 at 12:16 PM.
Old April 1st, 2023, 05:14 PM
Oldsdruid

Grp 2.485 p/n 3996204. It cost $1.90 in Nov 73.