67 Toronado power window and seat help

Old July 9th, 2012, 01:12 PM

67 Toronado power window and seat help

I have a 67 Toronado Deluxe. My power windows and power seat have stopped working. No switches on the driver's door nor at the rear and passenger positions work. It has been for a while now. Anyhow, I've tried to repair them. There is power at the circuit breaker on the front passenger wheel arch in the engine bay. There is also power from the wire at the circuit breaker along the firewall and into the car. I can jump the connector under the dash and make the windows roll up and down using the driver's control switches. It looks like the wire for the other side of the connector runs under the carpet towards the passenger side. My question to anyone out there is do you know where the power window and seat relay is located. I believe that is my problem. It doesn't appear to be under the driver's side dash board. Maybe it is, but is just buried deep up in there. Just wondering if anyone has any idea where to look for the relay without me tearing up the whole car so I can get my windows and seat back working under power. Thanks for your time. Have an excellent week. GM
Old July 9th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Check your grounds before you do any relay replacement. All the 60's and early 70's power options rely heavily on good grounds. They can corrode to the point of failure even if the car is just sitting in the garage for long periods. Clean the grounds, put some no - corrode or similar on the ground after it's cleaned to help prevent corrosion build up. I'm betting that is your problem more than a relay.

And yes, I know the power windows and seat runs off the same relay - probably why you suspect it in the first place.
Old July 9th, 2012, 01:42 PM

The A bodies had the relay under the left kick panel. Can you see any wires going into that location?
Old July 9th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Rob, if it's a highly optioned car there also might be an accessory junction block there he can trace wires back from