67 Oldsmobile 98 - Courtesy and Dome Lights

Search this Thread

Old December 9th, 2017, 06:19 AM

67 Oldsmobile 98 - Courtesy and Dome Lights

Hello all:

I am working on a '67 Oldsmobile 98 LS. It has taken me about 2 months to redo a bunch of wiring due to a previous owners work of art. Complete hack job. I have redone the engine and dash wiring harnesses. I finally see light at the end of the tunnel but need to know the following regarding the Courtesy and Dome Lights:

When the doors are open, what lights are supposed to come on? Dome and Courtesy (Under dash and base of the doors). Or just the Courtesy Lights?

It's been driving me crazy.

I thought that both the Dome and courtesy lights were supposed to come on, but if I set it up that way, the Dome lights are very dim.

Would be great if someone could check theirs and let me know before I start pulling wires.

Thanks
Old December 9th, 2017, 07:20 AM
Administrator

All of the interior lighting has power to them at all times, the ground is switched. The headlight switch rotated all the way to the left will turn the courtesy and dome lights on as well as the door pin switches. Make sure your not back feeding the lights that are going dim through bad grounds or loss of power within the circuits. The chassis service manual should have schematics.