2012 Chevy Malibu Electrical Issues

Search this Thread

Old September 11th, 2016, 06:46 AM
NOVICE car nut

2012 Chevy Malibu Electrical Issues

My neighbor is having a hard time trying to figure out why his car wont start . The car cranks but wont fire / turn over . Here's where the electrical part comes into play ....

He was trouble shooting why the AC adapter port inside the vehicle wouldn't work and forgot to put the fuse box cover back on located next to the battery . His wife drove the vehicle one day and parked it , it started raining and water got in under the hood and leaked all over the fuse box getting everything wet . When she tried to start the car , it wouldn't crank and the engine light was on . He took the fuse box apart enough to dry everything out and the car then started . Then after a few days the car would crank but not turn over . He found out there's three fuse boxes on this vehicle , and when he checked the fuse for the fuel pump it was melted . He put a new fuse in and the car still wont turn over , so he took the relay fuse out which looks good ( not melted anyhow ) . He wanted to put a meter on the fuse to see if it's good or not . I have a multimeter I bought when I was trouble shooting why my car wouldn't start when I installed the 455 . I don't know jack about electrical , much less anything about how to properly use this meter . I have a picture of the meter I have below . Can we check this 4 prong relay fuse with this meter to see if it's good ? and what setting would I put it on in order to do so ..... Thanks in advance . Bryan

Also , any other ideas as to where and what to look at would be great .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
phplj79bxAM.jpg (111.2 KB, 26 views)
Old September 11th, 2016, 08:47 AM
NOVICE car nut

He found someone who has a code finder , we'll see what they come up with .