1969 console courtesy light

Search this Thread

Old May 10th, 2018, 11:47 AM

1969 console courtesy light

Hello again, So I am currently doing a factory manual conversion on my Automatic 442, I have managed to get most of the console pieces except the console lamp light housing. My console going to be the basic, non-tach type w/courtesy light, and the issue I am having is while I was able to get the lens, I can't find the light housing. I can't even find a picture of what one might look like. Nor can I find a basic wiring loom of the thing. I've heard that there is a switch for the console glove as well for a light inside it, but again I can not find any more information on it.

Does anybody have a 1968 or 69' 442, manual shift console car, with this option, that they could maybe post a few pictures of the car from inside the console. Or does anyone have any information available? This has been a real pain, I've been all over Ebay and found lots of console's for sale, but no pictures featuring this area.
Old May 10th, 2018, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Tolomei
Hello again, So I am currently doing a factory manual conversion on my Automatic 442, I have managed to get most of the console pieces except the console lamp light housing. My console going to be the basic, non-tach type w/courtesy light, and the issue I am having is while I was able to get the lens, I can't find the light housing. I can't even find a picture of what one might look like. Nor can I find a basic wiring loom of the thing. I've heard that there is a switch for the console glove as well for a light inside it, but again I can not find any more information on it.

Does anybody have a 1968 or 69' 442, manual shift console car, with this option, that they could maybe post a few pictures of the car from inside the console. Or does anyone have any information available? This has been a real pain, I've been all over Ebay and found lots of console's for sale, but no pictures featuring this area.

There wasn't any console light in 69. They discontinued it in 65 or 66 and blacked out the lens
Old May 10th, 2018, 01:35 PM

I have one that will fit in an Automatic Console, but it won't fit in my 4 speed console. I don't think the 4 speeds came with one.
Old May 10th, 2018, 06:27 PM

'68 didn't come with a console light. Lense is painted over with interior colour. Although I did find a light housing from an early 60's GM I never wired it in.
Old May 14th, 2018, 01:16 PM

Thanks for the replies guys. I didn't realize they deleted the option, kinda strange. I wouldn't mind wiring it up for one anyway. I guess in that case anything goes.
Old May 14th, 2018, 01:38 PM
Administrator

It would not be hard to wire it up.
Old May 15th, 2018, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by oldcutlass
It would not be hard to wire it up.
Since we're basically doing a major conversion anyway, I think I will.