Where do I get pulleys

Search this Thread

Old June 16th, 2015, 07:40 AM

Where do I get pulleys

Hey guys, I need some help . . .

Background: I have a 63 Dynamic 88 with a 394 low compression engine with dealer installed AC (I think it is a York compressor - a big square unit that sits up on top of the front of the engine).

Problem: The crankshaft bolt backed out on me (not torqued correctly) which backed out the AC crank pulley. I think it mushroomed the inside of the actual crank pulley when that happened. I'm not sure how those two mate together, but when they are together it makes the crank pulley look like it has three grooves.

I figured this out when the AC quit working and I thought the compressor locked up. After further investigation, I found out that NONE of the AC pulleys were turning including the bottom pulley.

So needless to say, I need a new crank pulley and bottom AC pulley. Does anyone have any extras laying around that they can part with or know where I can get them? I don't see any in Fusick's catalog.
Old June 16th, 2015, 09:29 AM

So, your 3rd groove pulley on the crank is a separate [cast iron?] unit, able to not spin although the crank is spinning? As if held on only with the [small- 1/2" diameter?] center bolt?

I have seen an add-on pulley like that but never paid much attention to them.
Old June 16th, 2015, 11:10 AM

Correct, I believe it is cast iron. It locked into the crankpulley either with a keyway or a notch, but when it loosened up and backed off, it stopped spinning while the crank pulley was still spinning, so it kind of messed up where it lines up, so I don't know exactly how it is supposed to look. The AC pulley is only held on with the crank bolt and the keyway (or notch).