Gas Tank for 1970 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Coupe (455)

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 2015, 08:51 AM

Gas Tank for 1970 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Coupe (455)

Hi All, I believe this to be my first post here since joining a couple of months ago. I am just getting into buying what I need to get my 1970 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Coupe on the road and one of those things is a gas tank. This has become a lot harder to find than what I had expected. Can any of you oldsmobile fanatics point me in the right direction for a retailer/manufacturer or possibly what gas tank can fit (cutlass, 98, etc). Any information would be greatly appreciated. I have thought about a fuel cell but would like to go stock. Thanks!
Old May 5th, 2015, 08:57 AM
Just an Olds Guy

There isn't anyone I know of who reproduces the B/C car fuel tanks. You'll need a donor car. What exactly is the problem with yours - is it perforated or just gunked up inside. If the latter, it can be cleaned by a rad shop and coated inside.

I see you're in ONT. Is the tank rusted through on the outside??
Old May 5th, 2015, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Allan R
There isn't anyone I know of who reproduces the B/C car fuel tanks. You'll need a donor car. What exactly is the problem with yours - is it perforated or just gunked up inside. If the latter, it can be cleaned by a rad shop and coated inside.

I see you're in ONT. Is the tank rusted through on the outside??
The problem is that it did not come with one! The previous owner said that the sent it out to get redone and that was a year ago and he never heard back from the guy. I believe him as he has been decent to deal with regarding other things missing. I am assuming that this may have been the straw to break the camels back for him restoring the car, thus happy to trade me for a motorcycle I had. I am happy to have the car, just wish I could find a fuel tank. Do you know if fuel cells are legal for on-road use in Ontario or Canada for that matter? I am located in Brockville, Ontario Canada.
Old May 5th, 2015, 09:05 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Try contacting Desert Valley Auto Parts. They are in the high/dry of USA and have a ton of 1970 Ninety Eights/Delta 88's. I believe they use the same tank for both cars.
Old May 5th, 2015, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Allan R
Try contacting Desert Valley Auto Parts. They are in the high/dry of USA and have a ton of 1970 Ninety Eights/Delta 88's. I believe they use the same tank for both cars.
Done and Done! Thanks for the feedback so quickly! Hope they have something for me. Take care!