problems....

Search this Thread

Old February 15th, 2008, 10:33 PM
425 Member

Angry problems....

hey guys

i have an issues with my 1965 88 dynamic, i just had the egine rebuild, 425 and the trans, new intake manifold, duals system, carb, cam, the works,

but i still having and issue with my car stalling out after long drives, hard driving, and while turing sharp. i dont know what it could be.
additioanlly, my second problem is my idel is great but when i shift to drive of a another gear... is drastically dropps. i have had a thorque converter put on it due the new performan cam... but still have the same problem..
thirdly, my valcum has seem to be not workign becuase my break are stiff as heck; though i had a new brake system put in.

my car guy, told be that soem one told him that my year olds, can with a switch on the trans that turns onthe coverter that could not working and resulding in the idel issue. the other issues i just dont know.
can anyone help me out.
Old March 10th, 2008, 01:27 PM

First of all, take everything I am going to say as unsubstantiated and cleary hearsay from an unverified source. But, as far as the stalling out goes, I had a similar problem, and I had a guy tell me that it be in the fuel delivery system. He claimed that there was a fuel filter/bag in the tank,and occasionally it gets old and weak and actually gets sucked up into the delivery line and chokes out the fuel supply. I didn't investigate this possibility and I don't think it was my particular problem, but it might be something for you to think about and investigate. But, I honestly don't even know for sure if there is a fuel filter/bag in the tank for your car, so be wary of this route.