looking for parts suppliers

Search this Thread

Old October 7th, 2013, 07:05 PM

looking for parts suppliers

recently aquired a '66delta88 with a 425-2 and auto and going to need parts to get it going.what about FUSICK in conn.or usaparts in w.v...any info is appr.thanks..
Old October 8th, 2013, 05:28 AM

I always check rockauto.com for mechanical parts first. They have started to handle some weatherstriping as well. I also like Fusick.
Old October 8th, 2013, 07:57 AM

I have a '67 Delta 88 with the same engine. What parts to you need, exactly? Don't leave out your local auto parts store as a source for engine, drivetrain, and brake parts. You can get everything you need for a complete tune-up (plugs, wires, rotor, condenser, distributor cap, coil, whatever) right over the counter at Autozone or NAPA or O'Reilly's or wherever. I bought a rebuild kit for my car's carburetor at Autozone.

Other mechanical parts may not be in stock, but the stores can usually get them in a day or so. I needed a brake booster for my '73 wagon, and Autozone had it in an overnight. They had a master cylinder right on the shelf.

The mail order sites are good, too, but you do pay shipping whereas with local purchases you just pay sales tax, which is usually less. Plus, it's easier and faster to return a part if there's a problem when you've bought it locally. But check it out because, if you're buying a lot of parts, the shipping might cheaper as one shipment than paying sales tax on each individual part.

But, as noted, rockauto.com is good, as is Kanter, and Fusick has been the gold standard in Oldsmobile parts for decades. They tend to be pricey, though, so while I always check them when looking for a part, if someone else also has that part, the someone else is usually cheaper. But Fusick does sometimes have things no one else has.

Post some photos of this car!
Old October 8th, 2013, 12:43 PM

I have used Fusick and USA parts and have had no problems. As others have said try your local parts house often they can get what you need....Tedd
Old October 8th, 2013, 02:52 PM

If you have an Advance auto parts, sometimes googling coupons for them yields a 40% discounts when you spend $100. It's a toss up, though, because their parts are already marked up 40% over Rock Auto, but with Rock Auto, you have to pay shipping, just gotta play with the numbers a little bit. Also, Rock auto always has a 5%coupon somewhere on the internet
Old October 8th, 2013, 04:54 PM

I just noticed that the PO is in Canada. As I understand it, shipping to Canada can be very expensive. Since places like rockauto, Kanter, Fusick, USA, etc. are in the U.S., that's all the more reason why he should check his local auto parts store first before mail-ordering from the U.S.
Old October 9th, 2013, 07:13 AM

hi guys,you know this is why people join clubs,you can the info pretty quick and stop making mistakes.thanks a lot to all for info.a little history about me,been around cars for 40y,i learned to drive on a '64 pontiac parisienne which correct me if i'm wrong is the same body as my '66 88.i now own a '87 buick grand national which i bought new,a 2010 hyndai,and the 88.i've ordered parts from summit for years,ialso have a cousin in michigan that i send parts to.up here i got BENSON,MASLACK,CARQUEST, and others i will check.my pass.side exhaust man.is split and i want to put duals on it so i guess my choice would be the thorton manifold?..on his site he has two man.which is the proper one? id'e like to put sidepipes on it!..good idea?..as i said in another post,i'm not sure how to put pics on here..
Old October 10th, 2013, 04:00 PM

after a lot of research yesterday on the web,one thing i found is the huge price diff.from rockauto and others..ex.motormounts from rockauto:$8.00 each compared to 65.00$ at fusick or usaparts...makes me wonder on the quality of some parts!!.i don't mind making a small order at rockauto just to see how it goes.i'll be ordering the manifolds from thorton for my duals.also when i got this car it came with a few extra parts which i will include a picture of the trunk with these parts.power windows arms i think..more pics to follow
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rear deck.JPG (165.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg
trunk with stuff.JPG (164.8 KB, 15 views)
Old October 10th, 2013, 05:39 PM

The specialty places are the go to for special parts. Rock auto, other normal places for brakes, tune up, front end, normal wear parts. I like rock because on a lot of items you get a choice on manufactures and can buy the better brand names. Also easy place to check what is available before going to Fusick.
Old October 15th, 2013, 06:18 PM

for the guys in ontario on this forum,i found a multitude of parts at BENSON auto parts and very suprised as they had wheel cyl. in stock!!..they can get motor mounts,ign stuff as in locks for door,trunk,ign switch,.i'm very impressed.