How to pull the seats out of an '85 88?

Search this Thread

Old December 26th, 2007, 11:56 PM

How to pull the seats out of an '85 88?

As the title states:

How do you pull the front and rear seats out? How many bolts hold on the seat? I have a 60/40 split in the front and a bench in the back.

I had a water leak from the door seals. Must have been leaking a long time that I didn't know about. I could feel the water sloshing around UNDER THE CARPET

Anyway, I don't feel like don't it, but I'm thinking of pulling the seats out, then the carpet, and air drying the carpet in the sun for a few days. Don't really have the cash right now to buy a new carpet. Probably going with black for a new carpet in the future, and changing the entire interior to black soon Pending on what comes up
Old December 27th, 2007, 06:01 AM

Redog:

For the front seats, you should have 4 bolts per seat. The rear seat does not have any fasteners, the seat bottom pulls forward in car then up, and the seatback pulls straight up.

Dry the carpet and seats in the sun for 2-3 days about you should be fine. I did this when my brother forgot to close the sunroof on my Calais and we had a torrential downpour (2" of water on my floors). Everything dried out OK.

FYI, incase you decide to change your seats at some point, seats from any 1977-90 B-Body (Caprice/Parisenne/Delta/LeSabre), 1991-96 B-body (Caprice/Roadmaster) or 1977-96 D-body (cadillac Brougham) or 1992-98 H-body (Bonneville/Park Avenue) will bolt right into your car.
Old December 27th, 2007, 06:49 AM

You can get new molded carpets and seat covers from Kanter. They carry alot of COOL stuff.
Old December 27th, 2007, 08:54 AM
Seasoned beater pilot.

I took the back seats out of mine so I can weld the wheel wells. I threw the bottom of the seat away, but can still get you pictures of the back pad and the clips on the body.

I have the same problem on both of my Deltas with the weatherstripping. Right now the rear floor pan has a 2'' thick square of ice on it welded to the carpet.

Also, the carpet is a messy job taking it out. there is 1/8'' thick tar under there that will crumble into a million pieces.

Also make sure water isn't coming in from underneath your back seat. the factory seams there have giant gobs of caulk where the wells meet the body side.

Last edited by J-(Chicago); December 27th, 2007 at 08:56 AM.
Old December 27th, 2007, 07:20 PM

Cool thanks for all the help guys.

I like the Impala SS seats. They are nice and they are black. I wanna redo my interior black

What size bolts are they. So I know if I have the correct socket

Last edited by Redog; December 27th, 2007 at 07:22 PM.
Old December 29th, 2007, 10:54 AM
Seasoned beater pilot.

<---------Lazy

I took some pictures for ya. Toss me an email address, so I don't have to resize them all