hood release cable

Search this Thread

Old March 4th, 2021, 12:39 PM

Exclamation hood release cable

Hi folks, here I am again to ask help for a trouble that needs a quick solution. the hood release cable it's broken and I can't open the hood so I can't drive the car.
I have found one replacement but I'm not sure it works, as it's not specific for my delta 88. I would interested also for the interior side panel where the hood release handle is located. Someone can help ?
Old March 10th, 2021, 08:49 PM

I do not know your car exactly, but when I have had this happen on a few of my cars over the years, I was able to lay under the front end and stretch my arm way up to reach the piece that the cable attaches to. Sometimes, I could get that lever to move with my hand, some pliers, or a screw driver. The ones I could not, I was able to unbolt that piece from the front core support. The hood then popped open, with the piece still attached to the latch.

This doesn't help your broken cable problem, but you're going to have to get in there anyway to fix it.

Good luck!!
Old March 11th, 2021, 11:44 AM

Hey man, thank you. My real name is Giuseppe. The Olds now is on a elevator bridge in the repair shop. Just yesterday they delivered the replacement cable. So by the way I get replace the exaust manifolds gaskets, and thank you again for your suggestions. Hope anyone of you are safe from this pandemy.
cheers!!! :-)