Fusick Automotive Products - Delta 88

Search this Thread

Old May 9th, 2020, 09:36 PM

Fusick Automotive Products - Delta 88

Thought I would put this here. Found this site where I was able to locate an upper ball joint for a 1969 Delta 88 or so the website says. I'm going to call them up when they open.

http://www.fusickautomotiveproducts....number=BJ10206

They are selling the ball joint for $69.50 where Rareparts was like $190

Letting you know!
Old May 10th, 2020, 07:53 AM

As indicated in your other thread,. That is the difference between Chineseum versus U.S.A...
However, if you would prefer U.S.A. made at far less money.... I have N.O.S. U.S.A. made at far less than rare parts.....

Always best to simply call me --- Craig --- 516 - 485 - 1935..... New York....
Old May 10th, 2020, 08:07 AM

Keep in mind, also, that Fusick charges an arm and a leg for shipping, and their shipping charges seem not to be related to anything that might actually affect shipping costs, like the size and weight of the item or the distance shipped. They simply say that shipping is "30 to 40% of the cost of the item," with a minimum shipping cost of $12 and a mandatory $3 "handling fee." So you're in for at least $15 no matter how inexpensive the item you're buying is.

For example, if you want to buy a jack instruction decal for your trunk lid, it's $5.50. It would fit in a standard business envelope and could be mailed for 50 cents. At worst it would fit in a larger envelop and might cost $2.50 for postage. But it'll actually cost you $15 for handling and shipping, so that $5.50 decal will set you back $20.50. I buy from from Fusick, but usually only if there's no other choice, and I always try to wait until I have enough items to order that that shipping cost is reasonable compared to the cost of the items ordered.

Getting back to the ball joint here. It's $70 plus shipping, and if you add 40% of that price to the cost, the cost plus shipping and handling is over $100. This is your comparison price. It's still far less than the Rare Parts price, and we don't know what Rare Parts charges for shipping. My point in all of this was to simply note that you need to look at the total cost of acquisition, not just the cost of the part itself, especially when buying from Fusick.
Old May 10th, 2020, 08:10 AM

I just noticed something else. Mattdelta88 is in Canada. All bets are off when it comes to shipping to Canada. Those Fusick rates are for U.S. shipping. I would expect them to be at least doubled for shipping to Canada.
Old May 10th, 2020, 08:20 AM

Jaunty75 & Mattdelta88,

That being said, then, my ++ N.O.S. ++ U.S.A. made Ball Joints are Less Expensive than their Chineseum garbage !!!!! Because I don't play any games with shipping & NEVER any "handling" charges....
Shipping two ball joints in the U.S.A. is $ 10.. I can and do ship to Canada -- but as March 1st of this year -- any package under 4 pounds is $24... And two ball joints plus the box may get North of 4 pounds... So the shipping might be $ 30 - $ 35, we would have to find out...
(Still, far less than the "percentage shipping and handling" people would charge!!!!)

And, many many Canadians have U.S.A. shipping addresses.......

Yours, Craig....
Old May 10th, 2020, 05:35 PM

As of to day Canada USA Border closed for everyday people .So if you send to US address we cannot cross the border to go get it
So you get everything shipped to your Canadien address this is the situation for now.Hope it will change soon for everybody
Nothing we can do about it.
Everybody stay safe and enjoy the hobby
Alain
Old May 11th, 2020, 05:02 PM
Dan

Something I discovered about Fusick shipping and I hope I don't mess up a good thing by bringing itup. Occasionally they will sell stuff on ebay which is the same exact thing and price as in their on-line catalog. The only difference is the shipping is much less. I recently bought some letters for my front grill and paid much less for shipping than if I had bought it directly from them.
Old May 12th, 2020, 03:35 AM

Hey Mattdelta88,
Pleasure talking to you last night.....
You are all packed, invoiced, and ready to go, with the extra information you requested...
Will get you the picture you requested at the tail end of the morning today.....
Thank you again.... Will talk to you later......Yours, Craig......
If it is easier for you to email a call tag, we can pursue that also... This Coronavirus pandemic situation cripples some of our facilities here in New York....
Here is my address, if you need it:
Craig Stanley
150 Woodfield Road
West Hempstead, New York 11552-2525
U.S.A.

And phone number is:. 516 - 485 - 1935.......

Last edited by mpolds; May 12th, 2020 at 03:38 AM.
Old May 16th, 2020, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by ArDan5s7
Something I discovered about Fusick shipping and I hope I don't mess up a good thing by bringing itup. Occasionally they will sell stuff on ebay which is the same exact thing and price as in their on-line catalog. The only difference is the shipping is much less. I recently bought some letters for my front grill and paid much less for shipping than if I had bought it directly from them.
I also found that the items I purchased on eBay shipped much quicker than items I purchased from their website.
Old May 17th, 2020, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by fredb_
I also found that the items I purchased on eBay shipped much quicker than items I purchased from their website.
And, if you buy multiple items, request an invoice total from them before paying, you will get an additional discount on shipping.