Question reguarding turn directions on posi.

Search this Thread

Old September 4th, 2012, 06:39 AM
Arrrggggg

Question reguarding turn directions on posi.

So over the weekend when I had rear end off the ground trying to figure out where my gear noise was coming from I turned one of my wheels "Backwards" or reverse and the other turns in the opposite direction. I thought damn, Eric lied to me, this doesn't have a posi. So I then turn the wheel as if the car was going FORWARD and the other wheel went forward as well as the driveshaft turned. I thought strange as I recalled numerous articles that said to determin posi jack up rear "TURN" a wheel and other should move same direction. None of the how to articles say WHICH direction to move the wheel.

I thought on a traditional Posi unit it did not matter which way you spin the wheel the other should turn in same direction.

So do all Posi's do this or do I not have a posi unit? Do they turn same direction with car moving forward but in reverse off the ground one goes reverse the other moves forward? Sorry for the dumb question but as previously mentioned, most "How To's" I have read just say to turn a wheel or drive shaft it fails to say forward or if there would be a difference in forward and reverse doing different things.