Am I Bass Akwards or what?

Search this Thread

Old August 14th, 2009, 08:37 PM

Am I Bass Akwards or what?

can someone explain the differant waterpumps for 1964? does it have to do with being a factory A/C model? My cars waterpump exits driverside with the inlet on the passengers side.I can find formed hoses for the top radiator hose, but only if it's on the driversside, and is that fan shroud correct?(it looks like a bent piece of coregated metal, and not too functional) I cleaned the dirt-dobber off already,picture taken before I bought car!(thanks for the picture use 1964CutlassSC!)
Old August 14th, 2009, 08:52 PM

Good luck finding rad hoses...One year only nightmare thanks to GM...If its no big deal to you, switch to a 65 rad and pump...at least you can still get hoses for them...the 64's are not in repro as far as I know...
Old August 15th, 2009, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by 442scotty
Good luck finding rad hoses...One year only nightmare thanks to GM...If its no big deal to you, switch to a 65 rad and pump...at least you can still get hoses for them...the 64's are not in repro as far as I know...
Same here. You just have to deal with the ugly universal radiator hoses
Old August 15th, 2009, 06:53 AM

I am not too worried about the top(Slinky)hose, but the bottom one is a kinked-up mess, and I know it could flow better! I might consider the radiator/waterpump swap if I have real over-heating issues, right now I am just trying to make it work as efficent as possible.(in Texas!)-Thanks for the input.-Dan
Old August 15th, 2009, 12:14 PM

found another picture of a 1964 engine like mine(A/C model), and it also has the Minimalist fan shroud