Window run channel, rear windows

Search this Thread

Old October 3rd, 2015, 12:31 PM

Window run channel, rear windows

Hello folks, on my 64 F85, club coupe (thanks for helping ID it!) I was wondering where to get replacement window channel run for the rear side windows. In the front I used a kit with soft window run channel, I think it came from OPGI. But in the rears, the channel is metal-lined...and I don't see many kits available.

Does anyone know a good source, and/or if I can just use the same type that is used in the front?

Thanks everyone.

Edit: This is for the quarter window glass.

Last edited by malibru; October 6th, 2015 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Updated information
Old October 19th, 2015, 09:08 PM

Are you looking for the "c" shaped channel that plastic rollers slide in or the metal channel lined with felt that the glass rides in? I don't know of either available as replacements.

If the metal "c" channel is broken, welding may be your only option if a used one isn't available. If it's the felt lined channel you may have to replace the felt. It's not a hard job at all, just time consuming.

good luck,
grady
Old October 20th, 2015, 12:07 PM

window channel

Hello:
If you are looking for the squarish channel w/ felt, that the window goes up into, try Restoration Specialties , I believe it is called compact windlace in their catalog. I bought it for the rear windows on my 66 Cutlass 2 door sedan, had to form it a little and reuse some of the mounting pcs, but was able to get mine done.
Thanks, Rom