still trying to decode my cutlass

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2006, 08:06 AM

Cool still trying to decode my cutlass

i am still trying to decode me car, i will post the vin when i get a chance, i still need to know what engine/tranny came in the car, and any info on where i should look on the car for the build sheet would be helpful. so far i know seats, color, and vinyl top. is there any more information that can be gotten form the body tag. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks alot
Twistedcutlass
Old May 22nd, 2006, 03:09 PM
Past Administrator

Build sheet could be most anywhere, under a seat cushion between the springs and the foam on earlier cars, behind a kick panel below the dash, behind a door panel or back side panel on two doors, in a body void in the interior almost anywhere. You would have to almost completely disassemble the interior to search for one and then you may not find it. Post VIN and body tag numbers and we will try to help.
Old August 7th, 2006, 11:48 PM

Hello, if you can't find the build sheet you can do what I did, today. We have a '71 Cutlass S, '71 Cutlass Supreme, & '68 442 and I needed some information on them. So, I got on the oldsmobile site and got the number to the customer service center, which is 1-800-442-6537. You give them your vin number and they can tell you about your car. Also, on some models they can send you a restoration kit. Hope this helps ya.
Old August 11th, 2006, 06:27 AM

if it's a W machine the site I insert here will provide a wealth of infohttp://www.442.com/oldsfaq/ofwmc.htm or order a catalog from http://www.yearone.com/ which has a lot of decoding stuff