Interior/Exterior Combos

Search this Thread

Old August 12th, 2008, 06:27 PM

Interior/Exterior Combos

I have a '71 Cutlass with Sienna interior. Exterior is Antique Briar, which I don't care for. Can anyone tell me which '71 colors were available with Sienna interior? Any that look particularly good?
Old August 13th, 2008, 04:12 AM
Oldsdruid

Briar is a very rare color that was offered only in 1971. If it were mine I'd either learn to live with it or sell it to someone who likes the color. I would not repaint it.

Besides, with Sienna guts you're limited to white, black, sienna brown or maybe one of the golds.

You're sure it's Briar and not Sienna Brown? Briar has a purple or russet undertone that would clash with the rusty brown sienna interior.
Old August 13th, 2008, 06:44 AM

Yes... if memory serves me correctly, my trim code is 989 and the paint/body code is E 78.

The paint is pretty shot, so it's tough to tell what it really looked like originally. Looks plain old brown to me. The PO told me it had a "white" vinyl top that he tore off, but I believe E would be a Sandalwood top.

I must admit, the color is kind of growing on me, but I was thinking of switching over to a black interior (I need to replace a lot of the interior anyway) to open up my exterior options. So Briar was pretty rare, huh?
Old August 13th, 2008, 07:47 AM
Registered

The recommended colors were black, white, and sandalwood interiors with antique briar. The sienna interior was recommended for the sandalwood, bittersweet, sienna, amd sable brown exteriors. With antique briar and a sandalwood top the factory recommend a sandalwood interior. All just recommendations, you could order whatever you wanted, seen some strange combos.

Allan