hood louver bracket

Search this Thread

Old May 19th, 2009, 05:49 PM

hood louver bracket

Guys,
I have a 72 cutlass with a louvered hood. When I bought the car the louvers were not installed. I can't figure out for the life of me, how to install the brackets. Can someone please help?
Old May 21st, 2009, 04:14 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by FIJIBLUE72
Guys,
I have a 72 cutlass with a louvered hood. When I bought the car the louvers were not installed. I can't figure out for the life of me, how to install the brackets. Can someone please help?
The brakets are held in place from the bottom of the hood. There should be 6 "pins" that stick down from the bottom of the louver. Insert the louvers into the cutout on the hood. From underneath, you need to install the angle brace that runs the length of the louver and helps position and clamp it to the hood. Use "speed nuts" on the pins to hold the louver snugly in place.

From your post, it sounds a lot like the angle brackets you need to secure the louvers are missing, or the pins needed to secure the louver are all missing. Ask the guy you bought the car from where the angle braces are; or you can shop on ebay. These come up for sale every so often. Here's a scan of the parts as they install on your hood, hope you find them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
1972 Hood.jpg (43.3 KB, 21 views)