front clip conversion from a 1969 to 1970

Search this Thread

Old November 19th, 2008, 07:22 PM

front clip conversion from a 1969 to 1970

ok so I'm working on a 69 cutty for a customer and found a new well a in good condition 70 front end by that I mean a hood both fenders and grill lights and bumper all these things I need to get anyway. Im trying to find out before hand will the fenders match up and if they are the same length any help will do.

chino chao

68 delta
67 burban
58 yeoman
63 linc
69 nova
99 burban
Old November 21st, 2008, 04:33 AM

DONT SEE A GOOD MATCH THERE. BODY LINES, FENDER CURVE AT THE DOORS. BEEN THERE TRIED THAT, OTHERWISE YES IT WILL BOLT ON.
Old November 21st, 2008, 06:07 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by chino chao
ok so I'm working on a 69 cutty for a customer and found a new well a in good condition 70 front end by that I mean a hood both fenders and grill lights and bumper all these things I need to get anyway. Im trying to find out before hand will the fenders match up and if they are the same length any help will do.
The fenders are completely different. The body lines are completely different. The wheel opening is completely different. The back edge of the fender won't match the front end of the door.
Old November 21st, 2008, 06:11 PM

cool thanks for your help I never seen the two side by side only on the internet and my vision sucks! does any one have a line on two fenders and a hood for a 69?
Old November 22nd, 2008, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by chino chao
cool thanks for your help I never seen the two side by side only on the internet and my vision sucks! does any one have a line on two fenders and a hood for a 69?
Welcome to the '69. Front end sheet metal is hard to come by. You could try www.partsplaceinc.com. There's one guy I know who has them but he quoted me $2500 per fender and couldn't have been a bigger dick.
There are some on ebay now and then but they all need work.
Good luck.
Old November 22nd, 2008, 04:54 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Wrong web page...

Originally Posted by salayc
Welcome to the '69. Front end sheet metal is hard to come by. You could try www.partsplaceinc.com. There's one guy I know who has them but he quoted me $2500 per fender and couldn't have been a bigger dick.
There are some on ebay now and then but they all need work.
Good luck.
WHOOOAAA!!!!
That's the WRONG parts place buddy! You're sending him to a Volkswagen site. What you want is this one:
http://www.thepartsplaceinc.com/cata...ideimages=true

Scroll through it and you'll find the fenders you are looking for too!! If you get lost in the catalogue, go to google and type in
"The Parts Place - Chicago". Then just follow the page instructions. The link I pasted into this thread is their catalogue (with pictures) for the 1969 Cutlass/442. Good luck with your project.

Last edited by Allan R; November 22nd, 2008 at 04:55 PM. Reason: sp & pct