77' cutlass brougham (lots of parts) in Junkyard south jersey details below

Search this Thread

Old March 11th, 2012, 01:09 PM

77' cutlass brougham (lots of parts) in Junkyard south jersey details below

So at the junkyard today i spotted a 77 cutlass brougham 2 door 350/ 3a heads with th350 trans, white in color green interior, was put in the yard about maybe a week ago.

Figured i'd post this here for your guys in case you need parts or maybe even a motor, they sell motors for $195 and trans for $95.

It also had a full set of olds ssIII rally wheels i grabbed the whole set for 70 bucks

the junkyard is in south jersey its called Dirkes u pull it or Dirkes auto parts. Its on the black horse pike close to hammonton

The whole car is pretty much complete except for no rims of course. full motor though. Looks to have been in a accident, passenger side (or possible damage from mishandling at the yard). Inspection sticker says 1993
Good luck hope you guys can get parts from it before they eventually crush it .
Old March 11th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Seasoned beater pilot.

You should go back and get that rear axle and driveshaft on the cheap. It's a good upgrade to put a 77 8.5" rear end under your delta.
Old March 11th, 2012, 01:54 PM

Wow you read my mind lol i was just thinking that earlier today after i left. It'll swap over with no mods even though its out of a a/g body? and were they open or limited slip? If i can get some more cabbage together i plan on going back for that diff as long as it'll fit.
Old March 11th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Seasoned beater pilot.

The 77 rear end is about an inch longer at the pinion snout than your 7.5 is.
You will need an inch (approx.) shorter driveshaft to complete the swap.

I have 2 1977 rear ends here that I pulled from the junkyard. Both of them were 2.41 posi.

I thought they were worth the 100 bucks each just to have extra clutches around.

You never know until you look under the car. If you see a metal posi tag, go for it.

Old March 11th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Seasoned beater pilot.

Originally Posted by 84oldsDelta88
It'll swap over with no mods even though its out of a a/g body?
Your 80's Delta is a B platform.Which is pretty much the continuation of the 73-77 A platform.

A 77 cutlass is the last year for the A platform. They are extremely similar.

73-77 A body rears (cutlass/grand prix etc.) are almost a direct swap with 77-85 B body cars (Delta Bonneville Parisienne etc.)

Everything shrunk a size in 77/78.

In a way.... the 73-77 A bodys became the 77-96 B bodys. And the previous BIG CAR 71-76 b body frame was discontinued.

The Cutlass badges moved to the new small G platform. Which were about 4 inches narrower in the rear.

To me personally, there isn't much of a difference between a 73 cutlass and an 83 delta. Pretty much the same thing with different shaped bathtubs bolted onto them.
Old March 11th, 2012, 04:32 PM

Wow i never knew that thats cool thanks for the good info. And as soon as i get money i plan on going back to take a look at that rear if its posi i'm grabbing it. It has a sway bar and giant rear drums maybe 11 or 12". i wish i could just grab the whole car for cheap off them theres so many parts i could make use of. including a fairly nice 350/350 combo

And the 2dr cutlass driveshaft will fit my 4 dr delta?

Also since you said the A body is for the most part a B body would the exhaust tailpipes that go over the axle swap from a A body car with factory dual exhaust (btw Which ones had factory duals?) I'm trying to get a 2 1/4 inch drivers side tail pipe.
Old March 11th, 2012, 09:22 PM
Seasoned beater pilot.

And the 2dr cutlass driveshaft will fit my 4 dr delta?
It should be pretty close.

Also since you said the A body is for the most part a B body would the exhaust tailpipes that go over the axle swap from a A body car with factory dual exhaust (btw Which ones had factory duals?) I'm trying to get a 2 1/4 inch drivers side tail pipe.
The dual exhaust crossmembers and pipes were only on 1973 models from my experience. It probably wouldn't fit though. Different bolt holes I'd guess.

Your best bet is notching your stock crossmember and re welding it.
Old March 12th, 2012, 07:18 AM

Ok cool thanks.

And the crossmember isn't too much trouble for me right now as my friends a welder. The thing i'm having a hard time finding is a 2 1/4 tail pipe to go over the axle, the only thing close I've found was a 2 1/2 pipe from a impala ss LT1, guess thats my best bet.

Thanks for all the help and knowledge