'67 Side Trim looks Abby Normal?

Search this Thread

Old October 6th, 2012, 11:53 AM

'67 Side Trim looks Abby Normal?

Sorry, I'm a dread new guy. Looking to see if my car might have been altered?

Looking at many photos, my side trim seems unusual. Most have a wide rocker strip (on the very bottom) that ties into the wheel lip trim. Mine has this thin chrome line, up higher, that doesn't touch the wheel arches. Also, there is no trim on the front or rear quarters, only the center.

Is this normal for Holidays where Turnpikes and 442's are different? I like her as is and have no intent of changing it but suspect it's been tweaked.

Old October 6th, 2012, 02:37 PM

The trim is correct for a '67 Cutlass Holiday Coupe.
I'll "ASSUME" your car is a Cutlass (335177 w/6 or 336177 w/V8), the trim levels were different between F85/Cutlass/Cutlass Supreme.

442 & Turnpike Cruiser were OPTIONAL on Cutlass Supreme ONLY in '67. Post your VIN and/or your body tag & we can decode it for you.

Last edited by hurst68olds; October 6th, 2012 at 02:39 PM.
Old October 6th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Trying to remember member

To see the different trims on the different models, look at the Sales Brochures. They show the different models. They are all available, free of charge, at Wild About Cars.

Wild About Cars. http://wildaboutcars.com. An information supersource, especially Oldsmobile. More Olds content than anywhere else on the internet and continuing to grow.
You'll find Chassis Service Manuals, Product Information Manuals (AKA Assembly Manuals), Inspector's Manuals, and other documents that will contain this and much much more.
Dealer Brochures, magazine ads and articles, and a home page for you online with your own garage where you can show off what you have.
Free to join, free to learn.
Old October 6th, 2012, 03:35 PM

Wow, thanks guys! I'm certain it's your basic Holiday. The on-line resources will be excellent. I'm glad to know it's not a Franken-Car.

Several years ago, we snagged a "survivor" '67 Cutlass Supreme, Turnpike with a 2-barrel 400. The trim was quite different looking at old pics. We bought it with 65K original miles for $400 and had no clue what it was. The seller (older neighbor) hated the poor gas mileage. My wife loved that torque monster and used it for her summer driver. The thing was stuffed from a red light runner and we excepted $1200 for the loss. Today, 25 years later, things have certainly changed!

The gold sled you see now is our attempt to have the old girl back. This baby (originally 330 powered) has a modified 70's 350 Rocket motor and a two speed Jet-Away. It isn't exactly the Ol' Turnpike but is a blast to mob around in. It rolls with Flow Master 40's dueled off to annoy our neighbors. What could be better? I call it 70's retro-style mod like what would have been done back in the 70's. Having a blast tinkering with this old clunk.

You contributors and this forum is great! Learning so much.