65 Cutlass parts demand

Old March 14th, 2015, 03:12 PM

65 Cutlass parts demand

Is there much demand for 65 Cutlass parts, I have a chance to acquire a ton of parts that includes glass, dashes, seat tracks, harnesses, tons of Chrome, convertible top frames, doors , fenders and tons more, just wondering if I will be sitting on it forever or is there a market for it.
That is only a few of the items, I think he has almost everything except bodies and frames.
Old March 14th, 2015, 04:36 PM

yes sir, bring it on
Old March 14th, 2015, 04:39 PM

A friend of mine posted a wanted ad for a front bumper on here. Check parts wanted. If the parts are really nice or NOS there is a decent market.
Old March 14th, 2015, 06:00 PM

A lot of items from that vintage are not reproduced. But it will take some time to list, sell and ship parts. Can be fun, but if you don't have the time or need to recoup your investment quickly you may want to pass. The reason many parts are not reproduced is the market isn't as large as say the 1968-72 years. Some items buyers will fight over, other items may take a while to find someone who needs them.

Check out a site called 442bro.com as the owner of that site has a large collection of 1965 Cutlass/442 parts. If you don't know a lot about 1965's his site will provide a ton of information.

If you decide to purchase the collection, have fun! If you want to know more about what it would involve you might check with some of the members on this site who sell lots of parts. I know Scott (oldspackrat) has purchased some collections and Eric (jensenracing77) purchased a big collection of rare parts years ago. Just some thoughts to consider.

John
Old March 14th, 2015, 07:01 PM
Justin

Depending on condition there are a lot of parts needed

I know a few members in w29.board.net that need vert spacific parts also
Most parts will interchange from 64/65
All the side trim will be 65 only front clip ( hood, fenders,grill, front trim both bumpers and rear panel and lights, 65 only
Everything else should interchange and a few parts other years

If most parts are above driver quality they should move pretty well
Old March 16th, 2015, 10:41 AM

Ok made the deal for the parts, it will definitely take some time to see everything I have but there appears to be some of everything,
He had stripped about 3 vert's and 2 coupes (all 65) to make one unbelievable vert that he has been building for 7 years and feels it will take 5 more yet.
there is vert tops and motors and hydraulics and a rear seat, 3 sets front fenders and doors and trunk lids, trim like crazy, consoles dashes power motors wiring harnesses compressors starters all the glass, you name it other than quarters and bumpers I think I have it.
I even got my frame i was looking for in this deal.
Shipping will either be from Abbotsford BC Canada or Sumas WA.
Old March 16th, 2015, 11:20 AM

Put me down for a couple of real nice fenders
Old March 16th, 2015, 11:21 AM

pm sent
Old March 16th, 2015, 11:24 AM

more

Welcome to the site. Do you have a 1965?. If so post pics.

The wide pot metal trim & the rear tail panels always sell well if they are in good pit free condition. Tail lights & parts too.

Good luck with the sales
Old March 16th, 2015, 07:25 PM

Congrats on your purchase! When you have time please make a list of parts you have to sell. The trim, bumpers, dashes, consoles will sell pretty quick. Also the convert only parts. If you need to recoup your investment these items may be some of the first things you want to offer up.

Glass, doors, fenders (except for Scotty!) may not sell as quickly. I've dismantled 3 or 4 1965's and that's been my experience. John
Old March 16th, 2015, 07:32 PM
Justin

I am looking for, a few interior parts the rear window windlace side parts and corner parts in good shape willing to take the top part to cut to length black would be nice but not a must

A nice side mirror that don't flop if the price is right
tail light bars depending on condition
Old March 17th, 2015, 04:37 AM

I'm in need of a few parts, as well. Nice fenders being 2 of them.
Old March 17th, 2015, 05:30 AM

I agree with other members , I sell a lot of parts and the demand is lower on 64-65 body panels a little slow, nice chrome and consoles move very well
Old March 17th, 2015, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by oldstata
I am looking for, a few interior parts the rear window windlace side parts and corner parts in good shape willing to take the top part to cut to length black would be nice but not a must

A nice side mirror that don't flop if the price is right
tail light bars depending on condition

I haven't noticed any windlace parts but have lots of box's to go through still,
definately saw some nice mirrors and taillights, will let you know when I go through them all and check condition.
Old March 17th, 2015, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by ALLDUN5

Picking the doors and fenders up tonight, I didn't see any rust or dents in them but will know better once I have them.
Old March 17th, 2015, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by oldsmobiledave
Welcome to the site. Do you have a 1965?. If so post pics.

The wide pot metal trim & the rear tail panels always sell well if they are in good pit free condition. Tail lights & parts too.

Good luck with the sales

Thanks for the welcome Dave, I had a tail panel on my parts car that came with my 65 convertible and the guy I sold it to told me about this guy having all these parts that he wanted to get rid of and they were only 10 blocks from my shop.
As far as pics not much to look at right now as it will be getting a complete resto over the next 6 mths ( translated to real time probably 2-3 years) I will try and take a couple before stripping it.
Old March 17th, 2015, 05:26 PM
Justin

We'll you can start a major build thread and post your progress as you go. I am currently 3 years into mine now and hoping to drive it this year. 3-7 years is good time frame for a nice restoration on a budget

Also just pm me when you go threw the parts if you find what I need thanks
Old March 18th, 2015, 12:49 AM

Details

Fill out your profile and ad your location.
Old March 19th, 2015, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by ALLDUN5
Alldun.... I have one pretty good drivers side fender but the passenger side is rusted around the wheel well
Old June 11th, 2015, 06:41 AM

oem fan clutch

Hey guys I went to every part store and even ordered the OEM looking fan clutch from original parts group. The neck on my clutch is about 1" 1/4 long from the hole that mounts to the water pump. It's 6" diameter from side to side. The fan clutch I ordered has a 1" 1/2 neck which pushed the fan to the radiator making it unable to fit properly. any suggestion on what to do
Old June 11th, 2015, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by jbutler
Hey guys I went to every part store and even ordered the OEM looking fan clutch from original parts group. The neck on my clutch is about 1" 1/4 long from the hole that mounts to the water pump. It's 6" diameter from side to side. The fan clutch I ordered has a 1" 1/2 neck which pushed the fan to the radiator making it unable to fit properly. any suggestion on what to do

Yeah, start a thread on the topic instead of posting about it in a totally unrelated thread that's three months old.